Newsletter Signup

.

Bump - Déjà Vu Blogfest 2012



If you’ve spent any time reading on-line forums, you’re probably familiar with the term Bump.  It’s a word used to describe the action of moving a topic back to the top of the page so that more readers will see it when they enter the forum.  You do this by simply adding a comment to the topic (usually just the word bump) and the entire thread slides back to the top.  Why is this necessary?  Because as new topics are added and the interest in your subject erodes, it slides further and further back on the list of subjects until it falls off the first page and into obscurity.  Bumping can sometimes rejuvenate awareness and generate more discussion.

Today I’m doing a bump…or at least the blog version of one.  A couple of weeks ago I announced the Déjà vu Blogfest for 2012 and judging by the anemic response so far, I need to make sure the news is not lost.  If you read my previous announcement and signed up already, you can toddle along to your next blog, nothing new here.  But if you missed that post…please keep on reading.

Want to know one of my pet peeves about the way our blogosphere operates?  You can miss some really awesome posts if you have to be away for a while and unable to keep up with your favorite blogs.  While WRiTE CLUB was going on I’m certain I missed hundreds of quality posts.  During the A to Z Challenge in April I missed some truly outstanding posts.  It’s really hard to catch up when things get like that, so what I do to get back in the swing of things is simply pick up with everybody’s latest post.  You know what that means?  A post about the signing of an agent…missed….a book contract finalized…missed…a cry for help...missed...a birth announcement…missed. Other special event in a bloggers life…gone.  I just shake my head when I think of all of the special posts I’ve missed this year.  And then there are the informative posts about topics I’m dying to know more about… yep, I probably missed some of those as well.

It’s for this reason that last year I hosted the Déjà vuBlogfest, and before that it was the BLOG RECYCLE STATION. Well, I’ve decided to turn last year’s blogfest (which involved participants re-posting their favorite blog offering of all-time) into an annual event. So this year I’m hosting…. 




On December 14th (next Friday) anyone taking part will re-post their favorite blog offering from 2012, or one that never received the exposure it should have.  If you’re interested please sign-up to participate (click on the badge to take you to Mr. Linky), then shout out to all of your blogging friends and encourage them to sign up as well.  Take the badge above and plaster it everywhere, blogging graffiti gone wild. Then on December 14th as the day unfolds and everyone hops from one blog to another, what they will be reading is the best of the best (as determined by you) from this year.  The blogosphere will be chock full 2012 writing brilliance!  Encouragement, enlightenment, knowledge, bared souls, stimulation, hilarity, insecurities, success stories!  All on display…the very same day.  And it couldn't be any easier to take part...no writing necessary!

Click on the badge above to sign up, and then start looking through those old posts!  :)
 

20 comments

  1. Glad you bumped it Don- I'd almost forgotten I'd signed up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, I'm already participating in the Hobbit blogfest that day. And I have a guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already participating in the Hobbit blogfest too, BUT I signed up for this first so it'll be a double-header that day! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Don, I think I know why your posts don't display correctly in the RSS feed (they still show up as gargled text and HTML). Are you copying your posts over from Microsoft Word and pasting them into your Blogger editor? I noticed you did this for Write Club. If you do this, that could be the cause, because Word does not work properly with Web applications - Word will add it's own styling and mess up the HTML. This is especially true if you copy and paste pictures over.

    If that's not what you're doing ... then I have no idea why your RSS feed is still showing garbled stuff instead of your posts ... Just thought I should mention it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea. You're right. This is the first time I have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, sometimes messages really do need to be bumped. I missed this the first time. Although I don't have time to sign up this year, I'll definitely keep it in mind next year. It was fun the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your "bump" is smart, and I hope you get more participation in your newest blogfest. I don't know where people find the time to do all of the ones floating around the blogosphere. I can barely keep up with writing, posting on my own blog, and trading comments with followers. Maybe I'm just slow. Have a wonderful Holiday Season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, Don! And goodness, it's been awhile! I hope you're keeping well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I also need to say thanks for signing up for the Cheers, Cavanaugh Blofest! I'm so stoked you're participating... it's going to be awesome. :D

      Delete
  9. Definitely a great idea and will pass it along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. I'm signing up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember last year's Deja-Vu bloghop! Time has passed soooo quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey DL! Glad you're enjoying your weekend, I decorated the Christmas tree with the kids and that is always fun. Love the idea behind your bloghop, I'll have to look back at my old posts, but honestly I don't think I have anything all that interesting to bump, I've only been blogging since Feb. but I'll take a look. (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I think of a post I want to repost, I'll do it. Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Good idea to bump it. I think I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the bump, DL. I signed up and got my post cued up already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must be a blind ree ree because I don't see the sign up! :/

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator