Newsletter Signup

.

Blog Love Gone Wild!

I must be doing something right here in the wondrous blogosphere, because I’ve been blessed with another wave of awards from my colleagues. And I try not to hoard these either, promise, but it’s like they travel in packs and jump you all at once!

It really is humbling when you think about it; a fellow blogger taps on your shoulder and asks you to stand up, out of the hundreds and hundreds of awesome blogs to choose from, recognizing you for the contributions you’ve made to this amazing community. What’s so great about awards is that it’s not only cool being honored by them, they’re a blast to pass along as well. The one downside to this particular part of blogging is that by choosing someone to pass an award to, I’m effectively not choosing someone else. I use these awards for one purpose, to shine the spotlight on those blogs who have opened my eyes to the world of “making words dance”, through their posts or comments left here. If you can do that, then there’s an award waiting for you somewhere.

My first award comes via the Portia Sisco and her blog, Thoughts On Writing, The Paranormal, And Anything Else That Goes Bump In The Night. This is a woman who really knows her stuff and how to use it to draw out your potential. Her blog is informative, thought provoking, and touching, all wrapped up in a very lovely bow. This is one blog you don’t want to miss! The award she passed along to me is the Super Comments Award (although I’m not sure why because all I ever write is, “Yeah…what she said”).



So in passing this along to a great commenter it was actually really easy to choose. Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment at a Time always leaves meaningful comments that not only acknowledges what a blogger was trying to say, but expands upon it as well. She is a rising star that will soon be shinning brightly. Check her out!

My next award is a repeat, but that’s totally okay because it gives me another reason to pass it along! Jen at UNEDITED is an amazing upbeat writer who makes me smile, A LOT! She tagged me with the Superior Scribbler Award (I think his tongue should be sticking out) and all I need to do here is select four other bloggist (is that a word?) to honor.



My choices:
1) Kat O’ Keeffe at Words, Etc. This is one organized dynamo whose determination is infectious.
2) Anne at Piedmont Writer. The snippets of her WIP are really fun to read.
3) Lola at Sharp Pen/Dull Sword. Her sword may be dull, but her wit is razor sharp.
4) Sierra Godfrey. If you’re interested in some insightful and relevant observations about the writing process, this blogs for you.

Next up, the Sunshine Award that I received from the talented Leslie Vance. Going against my inner-child, the instructions implore me to do the following:
1) Post the award
2) Pass on to 12 bloggers that brighten your day
3) Link to nominees
4) Link back to givers.


You guys know by now that I’m not so good at following rules, so in the interest of time, space, and mental health, I’m trimming the list of bloggers I’m passing this onto down to four. They are:

1) Holly at 504 Main. Holly is just as comfortable demonstrating frugal crafting as she is composing eloquent prose.
2) Kristi at Random Daily Thoughts. Kristi’s book The Wolf Within was just released a couple weeks ago and her blog is definitely on my “tingle” list.
3) Tiffany Neal. Although Tiffany’s blog is awesome, she really knows her way around the Twitter universe.
4) Amy Holder at Written in Lipstick. Amy’s YA debut novel “The Lipstick Laws” comes out in 2011 and her blog is available right now! Truly enjoyable.

Will it never end? No not yet! I received The Soul Mate Award from Julie Dao and Lola. It’s a relatively new award and given to people who "get you". So obviously I have to give it to people who "get me." Rules are simple:



The rules:
1. Choose five followers/commenters that 'get' you
2. Write something fake (preferably not too mean) about them
3. Link to them, and link back to this post to comment your receipt of the award

So here are my five (5) Soulmates who "get me":

1) Julie Dao at Silver Lining: Julie turned down a golden opportunity to play Mulan at Disney World when she discovered the costume wasn’t green.
2) Sierra Godfrey used to be the costume designer at Disney World. She changed the Mulan costume from green because she felt it made the girls skin look yellow.
3) Kristin Rae at Kristin Creative: Kristin was the second runner-up to the women’s 2010 Olympic curling team.
4) Kimberly Franklin at Confessions: The Secret Life of a Writer: Kim loves to volunteer her time each summer as a camp counselor at the Outback School for Hot Boys.
5) Kristi Chestnutt at Random Daily Thoughts: Kristi is a distant relative of Bonnie Parker from Bonnie & Clyde fame. She is just a few credits away from earning her degree in Finance.

And finally (the crowd goes wild) my last award comes from both Anne at Piedmont Writer and Amy at Written in Lipstick.  It’s the Prolific Blogger Award. There are more rules to this award. I have to pass this on to seven others, (four), I must link to the blog from which I received it (I did), I must link back to this post from where it originated (I tried but the link didn’t work). Okay, the awards go to:



1) Sharon at Random Thoughts. Her blog is a fountain of useful information that I’m always bookmarking.
2) Gina Leigh Maxwell at Passions on Paper. I’m a fan of quantity over quality, but in this case you get both. Her Top Ten Reasons I Suck at Blogging is classic.
3) Lorel Clayton at I’m Blogging Drowning Here. She may be from down under, but she definitely knows which way is up. Good stuff a plenty here.
4) Michele Emrath at Southern City Mysteries. I really enjoy visiting Michele’s blog because she’s always so positive and offers a wealth of information for us newbies.

I guess that’s a wrap…except for one more thing. Anybody take a peak to the left and notice something significant (at least I consider it so)? *HUGE GRIN* More about that on Monday.

Everybody have a GREAT weekend!!

38 comments

  1. Congrats on all your awesome awards! Much deserved :)) Thanks for passing one my way, but especially thanks for the kind shout-out. DL, you totally made my day!

    Oh yeah, and LOL with Kristin Rae on the curling team. Am I the only one who wonders why curling is an Olympic sport?? Or, why darts isn't, too?

    Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that is some major blog love there. But I guess it's because you're so awesome! Congrats on all of your awards!!

    And thank you, thank you, thank you for my award. *Snort* Outback school for Hot Boys! *snort, snort* I would definitely volunteer all my time for that! ;)

    LOL. You know me well, DL!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, DL! You deserve each and every one! And your 200+ followers think so too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever play that game in school where everyone stood in a circle and one kid whispered something in the kid next to him's ear, then he whispered to the next kid and so on? The sentence would start out like "Aunt Mae told Jimmy that volcanoes don't erupt anymore" and by the time it made it around the circle, it became something like "May told Sammy that Vulcans don't use crypts anymore."

    That's what's happening with the Soulmate Award. Each person gets it just a 'hair' off.

    The original post is here:
    http://christigoddard.blogspot.com/2010/03/soulmate-award.html

    and the recipient is to comment at that page that they got it so I can track it around blogworld. Thanks so much if you edit. If not, no biggie. My social experiment took about five days to utterly fail. I'm actually amused.

    (and I don't mean YOU. I don't mean anyone, really. It's just the way we work as a species. We change things a little from our own perspective of events.)

    Congrats on all the awards, though. You seem an awesome guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *guffawing* Well played, sir! I turned down that job to look for one as a leprechaun. Surely they must wear green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CURLING!! YES!!! lol.

    You so rock! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the awards. They are well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, CONGRATS on all that awardage...and hitting 200 (+) Followers. Well deserved. It's all that charm you wield.

    Thank you for the award and shout out. *smiles*

    You'da man!

    Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be back over the weekend to check out the few blogs I don't already follow.

    Don't get me started on curling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! Thank you SO much! I can't wait to display the Sunshine Award on my blog!

    I just left you an award on my blog as well... but now I see someone else beat me to it. Oh-well, I guess this means you're doubly prolific! :)

    Congrats on your GINORMOUS award pile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on all the well deserved awards, D.L.! You are wonderful....and a wonderful writer. :) Thanks so much for saying I have useful information on my blog. :) (eyes batting and checks turning rosy red) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thanks so much for the love and the kudos, this is so cool. I look forward to reading the other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooo wee that is a lot of awards. Congratulations. I am so excited because there are so many "new to me" blogs to check out. Thanks for passing one my way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations DL, I know how you feel about them all jumping you at once. Mine happened last week.

    Thank you for mine. That's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! DL, thank you SO much for the award and your amazingly kind words about my blog (and especially my Top 10 list ;). The blog awards are great, too, because now I know of a ton more blogs I want to visit based on the blogs you chose to highlight for passing the awards on. I hope others feel the same and come see me! Thanks a million, bloggin' buddy! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey DL ~ me again! Check you out!! You've surpassed 200 followers. That's fantastic! Huge congrats, my friend :)

    I left you an award on my blog this morning -- tagged ya back!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That is a lot of blog love - and you deserve every bit of it. Congrats, D.L. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations - that is a whole lotta awards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy smokes! That is a lot of blog love. :) And wahoo on the followers reaching over 200!! That's super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there DL. Congratulations on all of your awards. You deserve all of them and more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats!! You deserve them! You're a great writer and have a very inspiring blog! I am moved and inspired every time I come over for a visit and read more. :-) Have a great weekend! Hugs, Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome awards DL. I'm like you, I really love passing along awards, but sometimes its hard to choose. It seems like you picked well deserving people.

    I have a few I need to stop hoarding myself. Thanks for the reminder.

    And congratulations on so many awards. You are an awesome blogger and commenter.

    I didn't get a chance to read your DOGGS post until today. I really enjoyed it.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nicole ~ You made my day in return! Thank you for the award and kind remarks on your own blog. You just inspired an upcoming blog!!

    Kim ~ But I still don't know you as well as I would like!

    Summer ~ What I said before! Thank you!

    Christi ~ All taken care of. :)

    Julie ~ Appropriate choice, since you're heading towards the end of the rainbow anyway. :)

    Kristin ~ You would have made the team if you hadn't blown out that knee! :)

    Tara ~ Thank you!

    Lola ~ Did you hear that ya'll...I wield a charm!! Better find a sheath for that thing.

    Amy ~ THANK YOU! I updated this post to include your gesture.

    Sharon ~ I only say it because it's true. I don't know how many of your past post I have bookmarked!!

    Sierra ~ Cool definitely describes the tip of this iceberg. Your welcome!!

    Holly ~ You will truly find enjoyment from these blogs I've tagged. I have. And you're welcome!

    Anne ~ Yes they do, but I hope I didn't come off as complaining...because I'M NOT!!! You are most welcome...and deserving of for yours.

    Gina ~ I really love that phrase..."Bloggin Buddy". *High Five*

    Shannon ~ Thank you!

    Alex ~ And then some. Tanks!

    Tiana ~ The followers thing totally snuck up on me and caught me un prepared. I'm hustling to catch up!!

    G ~ A special thanks!

    Coreen ~ Then I am doing something right because that is exactly my intention. Touch those who visit in some way...no matter how insignificant. Thank you for those words!!

    Donna ~ I can relate, it is hard to keep up sometimes. Your time here and your comments are very appreciated. Thank you!

    Susan ~ Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done DL! You deserve the awards and 200+ followers.

    Thanks so much for passing an award my way. With so many wonderful blogs out there, I'm honored you remembered me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! you go boy with your trophies! Looking forward to check out a few.

    ReplyDelete
  26. See, I told you you're an awesome Web ambassador! Way to go! And I admire the blogger you're passing the award on to as well. Nicole is a great commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woohoo!!! Cheers and happy hellos to you. You deserve the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for the beautiful comment you left on my blog yesterday. It made my whole day. Please know that I feel the same way about your talent and look forward to reading your blog posts every day.

    Have a fantastic week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations you much-awarded blogger you! Thank you for the award. That is a new one to me. Yay! Working on the post now.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on all the awards and thanks for passing it on!!!

    I'll have to check out these other lovely blogs which have attained the DL STAMP OF APPROVAL ™

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mr. Hammons:

    We have something started here and we want to make sure you get an invite since you have such a strong presence with your blog.

    I’d like to invite you and your readers to join us in a blogging challenge for the month of April. Check it out at Blogging From A to Z

    I know you have a job and are pretty busy but consider the offer. If you want to be a part of this let me know and I'll add your name to the roster.

    Sincerely,
    Mr. Bird

    ReplyDelete
  32. Goodness, is there an award for most awards received? Congratulations, guy! Funny stuff. I hadn't read the little tidbit on the last award that said to write something fake, and I started reading, and at first I thought, no way--Julie turned down Mulan because of the costume???

    ha. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  33. DL, you really are an award magnet, not to mention a chick one, too. Does your wife know that you have so many girl fans?

    Hey I wanted to know what you thought about a Men's Life Link and if you would consider contributing to it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lorel ~ You're welcome and definitely deserving.

    DW Mom ~ I hope you do. They are worth the time!

    Elizabeth ~ Thank you!

    Portia ~ And I'm learning that your word is golden!

    Jamie ~ Thank you and hello's back.

    Nicole ~ I meant every word!

    Michele ~ I can't wait for your post!

    Kat ~ Thank you! Where can I buy a stamp like that!! :)

    Arlee ~ I appreciate the invitation, but that's not how prefer to blog. I only post when I have something specific to say or I need an outlet to write. I dislike rigid schedules and forced content. Thanks for thinking of me though!

    Carol ~ *Sly grin*

    Kellie ~ Thank you! Depending upon the content you were looking for and the flexibility of the schedule, I might consider that!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow -- you are uber-loved. And these awards are all well-deserved. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Elana ~ I know, and it feels great! They all know the feeling's mutual. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator