Newsletter Signup

.

A to Z Challenge - 2012


It’s finally time to throw your name in the metaphorical A to Z hat for 2012.  The special linky tool is situated at the bottom of this post (or you can find it at one of the other co-host blogs listed) for those of you who are primed and ready to sign up.  For the rest, those who are still sitting on the fence trying to decide if you want to do this or not, here’s my pitch for adding your name to the list.  I am not an everyday blogger!  I do not post on any sort of schedule (except for WRiTE CLUB).  I mostly blog when I feel like it.  So why am I doing A to Z, because I'm committed to changing things up in 2012.  I’m making it uncomfortable in my comfort zone.  It is also another way I can link arms with the awesome writers who inhabit this blogosphere and demonstrate my commitment to the craft.  Will it be hard?  Sure!  But with preparation, grit and determination, I will come out on May 1st successful.  You can too!

Just in case there’s someone reading this who doesn’t know what I’m talking about, here’s a recap.   By registering below you’ll be signing up to blog every day (except most Sundays) during the month of April.  Most years there are 26 days in April after you subtract the Sundays, but this year there are only 25, so we will be blogging on the first Sunday.  Blogging about what?  A topic themed around the letter of the alphabet that corresponds to that day.  Day 1 would be something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April 30th with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.  Your posts should be short and sweet (like this one) because there will be a LOT of bloggers making their way from site to site.   

Here is a list of my awesome co-hosts.  I consider myself honored to stand alongside them in organizing this challenge!

Co-Hosts:
Tossing It Out (Arlee Bird)
Amlokiblogs (Damyanti Biswas)
Alex J. Cavanaugh (Alex J. Cavanaugh)
Life is Good (Tina Downey)
Cruising Altitude 2.0 (DL Hammons)
Retro-Zombie (Jeremy Hawkins)
The Warrior Muse (Shannon Lawrence)
The QQQE (Matthew MacNish)
Author Elizabeth Mueller (Elizabeth Mueller)
Pearson Report (Jenny Pearson)
No Thought 2 Small (Konstanz Silverbow)
Breakthrough Blogs (Stephen Tremp)
Coming Down the Mountain (Karen Jones Gowen)

Please enter code carefully so that it is accurate. If you enter your link incorrectly please notify us so we can correct it. You can find our emails in the CONTACT US tab on the A to Z Blog. If you do not plan to participate in the Challenge during April or your purpose is to lure visitors to an advertising site, please do not enter a link as it will be removed--save us the time and trouble.

Registration starts TODAY!  How about it?  Are you up for a challenge?  Who wants to come out and play?


31 comments

  1. I'm sure the years are getting shorter, it seems like only yesterday I collapsed into a heap after finishing the A to Z marathon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list is blowing up fast! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We already have about as many participants as we did the first year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my second year doing A to Z - looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a challenge just getting by to visit all these blogs LOL. And this has only just begun. Go team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a hot list... of great folks!

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    IZOMBIE: Visit the Madness

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could swear I already signed up. Just did over on Matt's blog. Hmm... Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I'm new here. I've just joined the challenge and touring round the hosts. I can't believe how many people are already signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow look at this list grow! Gonna be an exciting challenge this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm there at #145! Can't wait. I'm already planning my posts. I'm hoping I have a book when I'm done my twenty-six posts--that's the plan anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you've made your case persuasively. Who can argue with that?
    The list is growing before my eyes.
    Thanks, Don.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, I couldn't do it everyday, DL. I have blog guests two days a week. Last year, I tried to get their article titles to correspond to the letter of the day and used my Monday Musing for a letter. I may try that again this year. Kinda half assed but the best I can do with my format.

    There were some great articles out there last year.

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited and freaking out at the same time. I know it will all work out as soon as I pick a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've signed on for April Challenge! Good grief a month of blogging. This will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have commited to this challenge. I really want to give it a try.

    Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a lot of fun doing this last year. I don't think I'll join again, but I can't wait to read some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stopping by to follow you! I participated last year and loved it! Looking forward to it again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 300 and counting, I'm loving it! Thanks, Lee, the team, and DL!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree this is pretty cool. We have a great A to Z Team!


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's freakin' me out a little, how quickly that list is filling up! haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, look at that list grow. I wonder how many bloggers will sign on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is was so much fun last year. Looking forward to the challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That has to be the longest linky list ever - this sure is a popular event!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for being a host to this year’s A to Z Challenge! No small job at all!
    Looking forward to seeing some great posts and hopefully to connect with lots of great bloggers.
    To make life easier my blog is at:
    http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good for you for changing it up! I am going to stay within my little comfort zone and pass the fun this year. It's too intense for me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well I took the plunge. You might have to pry my fingers off the key board and scrape my brain off the monitor by the end of April though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Decided to sign up. Big step for me since I only started blogging very recently.

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator