Newsletter Signup

.

ALEXFEST!!






Sorry I'm late to the party. In fact I almost missed it altogether with my head buried in WRiTE CLUB all this time. But as they say...better late than never.

I'm also going to be a rule breaker and not follow the recommended guidelines that were set down by Mark Koopman, Morgan Shamy, Stephen Tremp & David Powers King, but prizes or rewards aren't what prompts my post today.

I've known Alex since we were both blogging newbies, stumbling around the blogosphere trying to figure things out while simultaneously developing our writing passions.  He defines the best of of what this community can offer...support.  He is a machine with heart...unwavering in his mission to help others and always finding new and inventive ways to bring us together.  No comment goes unanswered...and very few of your blog post goes unrecognized. I learned how to host blogfest from Alex, and even co-hosted a few with him. The amount of time and effort he puts into this blogging world is staggering to think about, and he does it all with a smile on his face (imagined by me) and nary a complaint to be found.

When I run into writers who are new to this community and inevitably they ask me for some tips to develop an on-line presence, I tell them to become a follower of Alex J. Cavanaugh and watch what he does.  He is the GOLD STANDARD!  If there was such a thing as a blogging holiday, they would name one after Alex!

Alex, I am honored to call you friend.  I constantly draw strength from your example and don't say these words near enough!  THANK YOU!!

:)








31 comments

  1. So many people know him, it's amazing that I haven't stumbled across him before this blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that, Don -- every word! Alex has amazing blogging Ninja Captain superpowers -- he can overcome time and space to comment on over 100 blogs simultaneously, and do it all with wit, wisdom, and a warm heart. ;^)

    AND -- not to be overlooked among all his blogging mastery: He's a damn fine scifi writer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, sir!

    Alex is all that and more.

    You...are a very close second.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely put. I do, however, think he is a machine. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the party, never too late! A lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex has definitely cornered the market of gaining support by giving support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DL, I saw this earlier, but Blogger ate the comment I typed on my iPad. So, take two!
    Thank you so very much. I've just tried to do my best and give back the support I have received from everyone, including you. You were missed during your absence, so we're glad you're back. The blogging world just wasn't the same without you.
    Thanks so much, my friend - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tribute, D. And to think you started this thing together. Glad you're both part of this amazing blogosphere. Thank you for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't have said it better! There should be an Alex J.Cavanaugh Day?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last statement should not have a ? behind it. Epic fail! :(

      Delete
  10. Very nice post. So glad your back amongst the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true! I'm always amazed at Alex's commitment to blogging and helping others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was one of the best posts I've read about Alex.
    And I also vote for an Alex J. Cavanaugh blogging holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex is awesome. He's almost ALWAYS the first person to comment on any of my blog posts... I really don't know how he does it! You captured it all in a nutshell. He's like the popular kid at school, but the kid who deserves that popularity because he's so nice and friendly and high-fives everyone in the hall (even the uncool people). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree! Alex is indeed the gold standard - well put :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He sets the standard and is in a league all his own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! That was a great shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tribute! Sure, a blogger's holiday--it may happen someday.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post, Don! Alex is an amazing dude.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, and well deserved by Alex!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome to the party Don. That was honest and heartfelt.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Don,

    You know what... considering you posted on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012, I hereby declare by the Powers vested by Dave _ King that 12.12.12 shall forever be known as ALEXFEST DAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love everything about this post. Big (((hugs))) to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who cares if you break the rules...you're just telling it like it really is. We're all blessed to know him.

    Tina @ Life is Good
    http://kmdlifeisgood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know! I'm blown away by all the places I see Alex on the internet! Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What I nice post! Alex is definitely an amazing friend to all writers in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator