Newsletter Signup

.

Book Release - Quinn’s Cookie Exchange


Angela Felsted has a new book - CHASTE – that came out this month and she doing something a little bit different to celebrate its release.  When everyone is busy mailing Christmas cards and spending time with friends and family, she decided to add to the joy of the season by having those interested participate in “Quinn’s Cookie Exchange,” named after the main character of CHASTE, a teenage boy who knows how to cook.

So today I’m posting (with my wife’s help) one of my favorite cookie recipes.  I give you -- Easy Lemon Cookies.

One (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
Two eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
One teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioners sugar for decoration (or lemon frosting)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl.  Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended.  Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners sugar.  Roll them around until they're lightly covered.  Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in preheated oven.  The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

Enjoy!

Now here’s a blurb about Chaste:

When he steps into his physics class on the first day of senior year, Quinn Walker is too exhausted from staying up all night with his three-month-old nephew to deal with moral dilemmas. As a devout Mormon who has vowed to wait until marriage for sex, the last thing he needs is a very hot and very sexy Katarina Jackson as his physics partner. Regrettably, he has no choice.

Kat feels invisible in her mansion of a home six months after losing her older brother in a fatal car crash and will do anything to get her parents’ attention. Since her pastor father has no love for Quinn’s “fake” religion and her ex-boyfriend refuses to leave her alone, she makes an impulsive bet with her friends to seduce her holier-than-thou lab partner by Christmas.

You can watch the trailer HERE.

Purchase Links:

CreateSpace
Amazon
Barnes&Noble

Author Bio:

Angela Felsted is a Northern Virginia native who is overly fond of Olive Garden and Red Lobster. She grew up in a faithful Mormon home with three brothers and one sister where she learned to stand up for herself by tickling her attackers until they broke out into laughing fits. Her work has appeared in issue fifteen of Drown in Your Own Fears, Chanterelle's Notebook and Vine Leaves Literary Journal. Her chapbook, Cleave, was published by finishing line press in 2012

20 comments

  1. Congrats to Angela F. on the book release. YAY!

    A cookie exchange sounds like such a brilliant idea and the recipe shared here sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'll have to try the cookies after the holiday season (I already have enough cookies floating around this house ...) And the book sounds interesting. I've never read any Mormon fiction (despite being Mormon myself), so this might be something to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these sound awesome!! I love how Angela has incorporated this into marketing her book. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Angela! And I love anything lemon, so thank you for the recipe... I've pretty much got everything in my cupboard except the cake mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Angela; this sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent idea. Love the cover. Keeping the recipe because it sounds easy and I like easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Angela!!

    Thanks for the cookie recipe! My best friend loves anything lemon and I know she'd enjoy these a lot. I'll definitely have to make them for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for Angela!
    Does your wife help make them as well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Angela!!!
    Those cookies sound great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your recipe, because it's got the word easy in the name!

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy. Anything that has lemon and cake mix in it has my name written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cookies. Congratulations to Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We used to make those. No idea why we haven't in so long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, no these sound so good. Dang it...I'm on a diet! You guys are killing me with all your fantastic cookie recipes! And Congrats to Angela! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cookies do sound AMAZING...

    And really neat for Angela! I'm LDS, so I'm curious to see her take on writing about our religion with fictional characters. Pretty cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those sound awesome. Especially since they're so much easier than usual. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS to Angela! Those cookies sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great story! Best of luck!

    DL - those cookies sound great! I left you a little something on my blog today. Happy New Year!
    http://hmgardner.blogspot.com/2012/12/just-squeeze-in-thislast.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lemon cookies are my favorite! I made them for me kids a few weeks ago. They gobbled them right up. Thank you, DL, for this awesome recipe. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator