Newsletter Signup

.

It Never Gets Old

I’m talking about receiving awards, of course.  How can anyone grow tired of them?  Seriously?  Each one is a tiny vote of confidence from a follower, letting the recipient know they’re doing something right.  Just last week in a notification from a fellow blogger she wrote, I know you have a billion of them, but here’s one more anyway.  Be it just one…or a billion and one…each is special and much appreciated.  And it doesn’t matter if I’ve been honored with a specific award already, send it my way anyway if you feel I deserve it.

Be warned though…I’m notorious for breaking the rules that sometimes come attached. 


A new award debuted in the blogosphere in the past several weeks and a whopping nine bloggers all felt I just had to have this award.  It’s the Versatile Blogger award and it was bestowed upon me by Erica Mitchell Spickard @ Chapter by Chapter, Amparo Ortiz @ No Rest for the Lazy, Kelly Dexter @ Nerdville Rhapsody, Clara @ Pinches of Madness…, J. Kaye @ 365 Days of Novel Writing, Peggy Shumway @ Fragrance of Thought, Writing Nut @ Writing in a Nutshell, and Stina Lindenblatt @ Seeing Creative.   Amanda Sablan @ That Unpublished Writer also tapped me for this award…but then she took it back when she noticed one of the others above had already named me for it.  (I’m joking with her here).

Here are the guidelines that come with the award: Share 7 things about yourself ** Give it to 15 people**Let them know in a comment that you have given them this award **.

I’m scratching my head trying to come up with seven things I haven’t discussed on here before, so I apologize if my list seems rather lame.

1.     I just commented on this one at Jen’s blog today, but I have an extreme aversion to watching anyone play with their bellybutton. 
2.     I don’t know how to type (and you call yourself a writer), but I’m the fastest hunt & pecker you’ve ever seen!
3.     The first of many stitches I endured growing up came as a result of me diving head first from our front porch onto the sidewalk.  Why?  I was dared.
4.     I used to own the same model Trans-Am Burt Reynolds drove in Smokey & the Bandit. My younger followers are probably asking who Burt Reynolds is. J
5.     I lived in Atlanta for 9 years and at times my commute to work took an hour, each way.  My commute now…five minutes.
6.     I once wrote an article for my high school newspaper entitled, The Art of Skipping Class.  Everybody hated me for months after that.  The administration because I wouldn’t reveal my sources, and my classmates because I spilled all their tricks.
7.     I was busted once by the LSU campus police for public disturbance.  I had propped my stereo speakers in the window of our 7th floor dormitory room and was blaring “Freebird” for everyone’s enjoyment.

Phew…glad that’s over…now it’s time to re-gift.  Instead of selecting 15 deserving bloggers to impart this to (I told you I wasn’t much for rules), I’m choosing those bloggers that went above and beyond the call of duty with regard to my Blogging Buddies Around the Globe quest (I’m still five states short).  These kind souls took the time to use their blog to spread the word for me and subsequently brought me ever so close to my goal.  They are:

Jemi @ Just Jemi
Jen @ Unedited
Natalie Bahm @ Wife…Mother…Writer
L. Diane Wolfe @ Spunk on a Stick

If you made a mention about my quest on your blog, or specifically sent one of your followers to my site, then please let me know so I can include you in this list.

I received two other awards that I need to recognize, but I only have time today for one.  I’ll save the award that’s more involved for next time and instead focus on the Sugar Doll award presented to me by Erica Mitchell-Spickard.


Personally, I think Erica just laid this one on me because she enjoyed seeing a dude squirm with such a pink, frilly award.  But I laugh defiantly at her assumption and instead embrace the Sugar Doll and all its fabulousness!  :)  There are no rules or hoops to jump through for this award, so I’m simply going to pass it along to six lovely ladies who are most deserving.

Ashley @ Our journey Begins, As The Kings -  I just started following Ashley but I’m already impressed with her vitality and heart.
Nicole @ One Significant Moment at a Time – Nicole is away in France right now and this is my way of letting her know we haven’t forgotten about her.
Carol @ Carol’s Prints – Beauty, brains, and a comical wit that tickles me every time.  I never miss one of her post.
Laura @ Wavy Lines – Not only do I learn a lot at her blog, but she is one of my ‘Like Minded’ that always leaves insightful comments for me.
Tiana Smith – I’ve known Tiana a long time (in blog years) and I’m still enamored by her blog as much as that very first visit.
Lydia @ The Word Is My Oyster – She is proof that blog friends can help each other out in the real world too.

Finally, I wanted to let everyone know about a contest my good friend Kristi Chestnutt is having over at her blog right now.  It’s a real easy contest celebrating…well…really nothing in particular…but she’s giving away some great prizes.  I’m not really sure how long it’s running, so you better hop over there right now.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

24 comments

  1. Why thank you good sir :) It has been awhile hasn't it? Pretty soon we'll be able to say, "When I was your age ..." LOL.

    And you dove off your porch into a sidewalk because you were dared? Ummmm. I'm hoping you were really young, otherwise your intelligence level ... Well, let's not go there shall we? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In an odd coincidence, I just finished posting as well. Guess what award I passed along? Guess who one of the recipients is? Yup - you! :)

    Thanks!

    I hope you kept photos of that car - sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much!!! i appreciate this!!! =) very much so!

    the "things about you" cracked me up. face plant on the sidewalk... my sister dared me to shove a candycorn up my nose when i was younger and i did, and it got stuck.... and she also told me to touch the bath water that was "FREEZING COLD" and i ended up burning myself....

    the things we do as kids.

    heck, the things we do as adults!!! ;)

    i appreciate this award very much so. thank you again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least said dude only passed on pink award to ladies.

    And I challenge you to a hunt and peck race! I think I can do 50 wpm in that fashion, maybe more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right - awards are so much fun to receive and congrats on yours!

    As always, it's so much fun learning little tidbits about everyone. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, DL!
    And what states do you still lack?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are SO even now! You ate pavement as a kid...so you can no longer question my mental status for hating Santa and diving into insulation. At least when I took a pluge it was into something "cushy" lol. You're a goof, <3 it. :) Congrats on both awards and I'm glad you are relishing in your froo froo pink award. Work it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the awards. I liked learning more about you and liked how you mentioned Burt Reynolds! I learned how to drive a stick on a silver TransAm. I had to use two hands to shift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations DL and congratulations to those who received awards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks DL. And I have no idea how you can write and NOT type--that would make me crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the awards. By the way I like your new layout.
    Always look forward to your posts. Hope you have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the much deserved awards! I wish I had an article in school to teach me the art of skipping class. But then again, I was a good girl so the one time I did I felt bad and told my mom. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the awards, especially on the sugar doll. ;)

    Lol, I used to hunt and peck with a combo of semi-right positions. My positions STILL aren't right, but I can do 100ish WPM. If only those computer keyboarding lessons actually WORKED...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks DL! I was so happy to help out a fellow blogger!
    I admit, I'm impressed you didn't squirm at getting the frilly award. You may have to change your name to D.L. "SugarDoll" Hammons to show how well you can handle it.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. You deserve each and every award you receive...CONGRATS!!
    And congrats to all your worthy and wonderful recipients!

    I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  16. DL you are the sweetest!!! Thank you so much for the blog love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the awards!

    And I'd love to read "The Art of Skipping Class"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your award (or should I say, awards?) Good Lord, I have NEVER seen so many awards collected on one blog! Congratulations AGAIN!

    The hour is very late, (or early) but suffice it to say, your blog looks very interesting, and I would like to return when I am more awake to keep my eyes open to read.

    Your quest to find blogs in every state is very admirable. I had the same thought myself, but that is as far as it got with me. So, congratulations AGAIN!

    Seriously, I am very happy I found your blog and look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hilarious, DL. Embarrassing people must come naturally to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, Don "Sugar Doll" Hammons!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Erica ~ Okay...okay...maybe I was a little harsh on you. A little!

    Carrie ~ Thank you!

    Jenn ~ WOW! A 100 WPM pecker. Wait...that didn't come out right.

    Lydia ~ That, I'm afraid, would be going TOO far! :)

    Julie ~ Don't forget...I know where your gonna live!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the awards and to the people who've received them!

    'The Art of Skipping Class'? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on all the awards DL and thanks for the shout-out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator