Newsletter Signup

.

Answers – Round Two

Even though I only received a luke warm response to my first set of answers, I've decided to go ahead and post the next ten because I don't have my next topic ready quite yet.  All of the remaining ones not answered here on my blog will be responded to via personal e-mail.  Enjoy.

1. Nicole asks - How much of yourself goes into your main characters? Probably too much! One of the MC’s in both my books is named Lee (my middle name) and there’s a lot of me in him. I enjoy writing stories involving ordinary people being put into extraordinary situations, and I’m about as ordinary as they come. Of course Lee’s blessed with a quicker wit and definitely more heroic, this is fiction after all. But I’d like to believe that under similar circumstances, I would act the same. I can always edit out the urine stains later.

4. LTM asks - Which super power and why? Invisible or flying? Definitely flying! I already spend enough time being invisible.

8. Emily asks - If you were doomed to only ever eat one kind of donut again, what kind would it be? A Krispy Kreme, regular glazed donut, never gets old! They melt in your mouth!

9. Sarah (Falen) asks - If you knew you were going to die...what would you eat as your last meal and why? The sky's the limit. Chicken puffs. It’s a meal my wife makes for me on special occasions. My mouth is watering just thinking about those luscious pockets of ground poultry covered in Alfredo sauce, but that’s not why I’d request them. If this was going to be my final meal, then I’d want something lovingly prepared and held meaning only to me.

12. Aspiring_x asks - If you HAD to eat/drink one which would it be: toe jams or the contents of the mayo jar (you know which one)? Toe jams…with a side of Cole slaw! 

17. Stephanie asks - What celebs were your teen crushes!! Well…I had the mandatory Farah Fawcett and Cheryl Tieg posters up on my walls. A couple others that were a tad off the beaten path…Chris Evert and Olivia Newton-John.

20. Amparo asks - What's the most awesome piece of writing advice that's rocked your world? :) Something written with a dull pencil is a struggle to read. Keep your pencil sharp!

23. Elle & Kristin asks - What kind of books do you write? Why mysteries? I combined two questions into one here so I could answer both with a single response. So, as you can tell by one of the questions, my novels are classified as mystery/suspense, but I experiment with other genres through my short stories. Why mysteries? I had to ponder that one for a while. I guess my answer is that I really enjoy leading my readers through a brain twister, sprinkling in just as many red herrings as clues along the way, challenging them to figure out the end before I decide to reveal it. But the real kicker is to build the puzzle while at the same time inducing the m to become emotionally attached to my MC’s, thus merging my efforts seamlessly.

26. Jemi asks - Star Wars or Star Trek? I love both, but I’m a definite lean towards Star Trek. I’ve watched the series since its first run on TV (another reminder of how old I am), through all its iterations (Generations, Deep Space Nine, Voyager), and all the movies (The Wrath of Kahn was my favorite until this latest JJ Abrams version). The enjoyment quotient for Star Trek just plain exceeds Star Wars.

31. Kelly asks - Bruce Springsteen decides to retire. He will give a single farewell concert in a venue that seats one hundred people. Tickets aren't to be purchased, but earned through the most creative expression of fan appreciation. How will you convince the Boss to let you past the velvet rope? Here’s the thing, I wouldn’t want to attend. Why? Bruce is best appreciated in a crowded stadium or concert hall jammed with his adoring fans, not an intimate setting of a 100 people. The energy given off by a large crowd like that just about equals what takes place on that stage, and it’s in that atmosphere Bruce’s last concert should take place.

40 comments

  1. Ok. Olivia Newton-John I can sort of deal with, but Star Trek? We can no longer be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's just more Star Trek to love. I love both!! OMG! So much!!! I have just been recently watching the original Star Trek movies again. I already went through the TNG ones and the new one, of course but I needed to watch the originals because I forgot a lot! KHAAAAAAAAAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donuts... Yum! Toe jam... ew!! Love the Q&As

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you almost lost me with the Krispy Kreme, but redeemed yourself with Star Trek!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I totally agree with the Springsteen response. I've always said that I don't go to gigs for the music, it's the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Another Star Trek fan! Don't get me wrong - I love Star Wars, too, but there's something about Captain Kirk. I'm thinking of the new one, btw;) But Shatner was cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Star Trek. I have been a fan since the first series.

    Once I went to see one of the Star Trek movies. Every one in the lobby was talking about all the original Star Trek series. It was amazing to be with so many like-minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! Great answer to my question! That is the donut I would choose as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even wanna know about the mayo jar....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Star Trek - YES! I knew there was a reason I joined your blog . . . add Krispy Kreme to that (I live in NC) and you're definitely on my keep list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Star Wars, but I'm with you on Star Trek. Like Hannah said, there's just more to love! Honestly, some of my earliest memories are of watching TNG (it came out the year after I was born!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that invisibility would be wonderful as a writer. You could spy on people and not have them think you're a freak. I don't know why people didn't like your questions and answers from yesterday. I liked them.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stuff! I've always loved Q&A.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clearly, you are a true fan of Springsteen. The Boss would be proud of your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay - Star Trek is my fave too - although I do love SW as well :) I love Khan, Voyage Home & the new one best.

    And thanks, now I've got "Let's Get Physical" stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed the first set but how fun it was catching up! I loved hearing all your answers to these question. Very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How on earth could you receive a luke warm response? I love your answers! My faves today were your last meal answer and your choice of Star Trek over Star Wars - the RIGHT choice, of course! I'm a loyal Trekkie to my toes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I give you props for writing mysteries. Those are hard. Putting all those little bits and twists anad turns are mind boggling to me.

    And I loved your answer about your last meal. That was sweet.

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also enjoyed Star Trek when I was younger. About a year ago I tuned in to some re-runs. OMG! The control panels looked like someone grabbed a few cardboard boxes, sprayed them with silver paint and glued a few knobs on. Yet, despite the bad special effects, I still enjoyed the heck out of each episode.

    Then, I brought my kids in to watch some original episodes of Land of the Lost. After they picked themselves off the floor from laughing, they asked what I saw in the show. In truth, it was cutting edge when I was a child. I was crestfallen when I saw it without my kiddie blinders. Cheeeesy...doesn't even begin to describe it. The dinosaur looked like it was made from playdo, and the waterfall resembled a match car scene my nine year old put together. Then there was the cave...don't get me started on that one...(:

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun questions & great answers!!! It was cool to be able to get to know you more by reading your responses. :) Now I'll have to check out your other Q&A set below.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, kudos to you!! I guess every novel has a tinge of mystery, but to write specifically for that genre... twisty, etc... very clever of you! I don't think that I could do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. lol amusing answers to amusing questions. But coleslaw...really? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sir, Nice Q&A you detailed through the blog . Thanks for sharing all.
    lead answer

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi,

    Did I not respond? Oops, sorry!

    I thought reply lovely: you got a big heart!!!!!!

    I've been (like hundreds of other writers) glued to the Mills & Boon New Voices contest - see my site. Definite air of X-factor about it. Horrid!!!!
    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. your last supper answer was so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. yay star trek!
    also, now i want these magical chicken puffs served with love

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg--you did it! And what was that about comments??? ;p

    Invisible. shyeah. Right. But I want to fly too~

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're so fun to get to know. I love that you'd want your wife's chicken puffs as your last meal. I think that's too sweet and adorable. But the toe jam? Not so much.

    Bring on the Krispy Kreme.

    ReplyDelete
  32. See, I had the sense Lee might be kind of DL-like :-) My dad's middle name is Lee, too. Good name!

    —Portia

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm glad you answered the, "Why mysteries?" Good response. Enjoyed all your answers. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  34. these are some great q & a! I might try this on my blog when I'm running out of blog posts. Except...I don't think people are that curious about me!

    I'm going to have to vote for Star Wars... as long as we pretend episodes I, II, and III were never made. But Star Trek is really not far behind. (Garrett Wang from Voyager was one of my fan crushes as a teen!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I had the Farrah Fawcet hair, and later the Olivia Newton-John head bands (adopted from one of her videos). Fun getting to know you better, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So I thought I was already a follower of your blog, but apparently it must not have worked. So now I am for sure. :) Thanks for answering the questions, it's fun to get to know you better! And Olivia, huh? Got a thing for black leather? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. DL--I adore Krispy Kreme glazed...Oliva, still rocks and was it Kelly P that asked about Bruse? It sounds like something that rocker would ask... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm still laughing over #1. Gottta love it when our characters are witter than us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Shelia ~ Live Long & Prosper!! :)

    Kelly ~ Springsteen has been my #1 for 35 years!!

    Tony ~ Thank you!

    Francine ~ I'd like to believe I'm compassionate, but I get black-eyes sometimes just like everybody else. :)

    Terry ~ Phew! I'm glad a fellow mystery writer liked my answer to why I write those. :)

    Sara ~ I glad to have you on-board! And about the black leather...I plead the fifth!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator