Newsletter Signup

.

The New Me

Hey gang!

Yep, I'm back.  Any one miss me?  Not only am I back, but I'm surrounded by an entirely new look!  www.dlhammons.com is my brand new website, where this blog now resides, and I totally LOVE IT!  I won't be able to say THANK YOU enough to Tiana Smith - The Blog Decorator - for what she did for me.  It's dark, moody, and just how I want to represent myself as both an adult Mystery/Suspense writer, as well a YA Horror writer.

So, you might be wondering where I stand in my publishing pursuit.  I've finished my 3rd novel (MOVING FEAR - YA Horror) and I'll be pitching it to agents at the upcoming DFW Conference.  That will be followed by an intense round of querying and we'll see where that leads.  Whatever the result, this book will be published one way or the other and if traditional is not where its meant to be, then I'll seek out alternatives.

I'm back for another reason as well...WRiTE CLUB.  That's right, its back for a 4th season and submissions will open on Friday, May 2nd. 

This is just a brief note to break-in the new site, but you'll be seeing me around a lot more lately.  Did I mention how awesome that makes me feel?  You may not have missed me, but the 2nd hardest thing about working on my book was being away from here!

So take a look around and let me know what you like and what can be better.  I always appreciate feedback.

DL

47 comments

  1. The site is awesome!!! Love the colours, the tone and the descriptions of your books rock! Hope you get to update the status of those soon! Nice to have you back. Hope you and your wife are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jemi! It's good to be back. The whole family is doing GREAT!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the new look! But I admit, I might be slightly biased ... ;) Can't wait to see where you go with Moving Fear! And yay that you'll be blogging more! We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, love the new look. Wishing all the best with those queries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. If you want to be legit, you need to at least look legit. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. The new site is wicked, DL! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed you! Love the new site, DL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin' good, DL. Good luck with the pitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your site looks great! Welcome back and good luck with pitching your novel and with querying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe it all to Tiana! She works magic!! :)

      Thank you.

      Delete
  9. Hey, Dood!!! Welcome back!

    Love the new look -- awesome job, Tiana!

    And say wha??? A new Write Club?!?!?!?! How cool is that! I'm definitely looking forward to it!

    And my fingers are crossed for you on Moving Fear queries, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your site looks amazing!!! Welcome back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! I shine up like a new penny. :)

      Delete
  11. Yay! So happy you're back. Love the site. She's an awesome designer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta make an entrance! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's super great, DL! Tiana did a wonderful job is creating an instant presence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course we missed you! New site is awesome and glad to hear there is a book coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Don .. good to see you here again .. and to read that all is well - that's excellent news. Then the books et al - and Writer Club .. I know people appreciate being able to submit their stories via the Club ..

    Good luck .. and see you around soon .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the new look, and it's great to have you back. Looking forward to the next installment of Write Club, I may even be brave enough to submit something this time ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome - an exciting new beginning! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new look! Welcome back, O' fightmaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray! You're back. I've missed you. The new look is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The website looks awesome!! Welcome back to blogging--and if you find the secret to balancing blogging with writing novels, I hope you'll share that with the rest of us.
    Looking forward to WRiTE Club.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzer for the new look. And, of course, you were missed. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. First time here, but nice looking site. I'm enjoying meeting new people through your Blitz Days!
    Marlene at On Writing and Riding

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on finishing that book. Here's wishing you success with querying.
    I do like the look of the site. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's looking good DL!
    Overflowing with ambience...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks great! And I'm glad I can still leave a comment easily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WELCOME HOME!!!

    This place looks fantastic! It's good to have you back in the blogo-sphere!

    Don't be a stranger!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the new look! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The new look is impressive! And of course we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Welcome Back and love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator