Newsletter Signup

.

WRiTE CLUB 2014 – Submission Period Closed




The submission deadline has passed.  If you haven’t sent it your writing sample by now you’d better save it for next year -- because you’ve already missed out for this year.  Sorry. Everyone should have received a confirmation of receipt email from my wife, but if you didn't you can email me at dlh.hammons@gmail.com and I'll have her double check. I did everything I could…and A LOT of people helped me…but the word could carry only so far and there always seems to be someone who misses it.  But we did something right because we broke the record for submissions this year!  Not only broke it, we demolished it! Boo-Yah!! :)

So, what happens next?

A panel of ten judges have their work cut out for them.  Their busy reading each entry and will be narrowing the pool down to 32 contestants, who will then be lacing up gloves for future bouts.  Not an easy task, as you can imagine.  Then on June 16th I will randomly select the first pair of these 32 anonymous entries and post the first head to head competition.  Over the course of eight weeks I’ll be holding twice-weekly bouts in which the winners will advance to the play-offs, which will ultimately lead to a single champion. The winner of each bout will be selected by you, via your votes left in the comments.  Ties will be decided by me (if necessary).  The playoffs are slated to begin August 18th and the deeper a contestant progresses, the more writing samples they’ll be asked to submit (three in total). 

Just a reminder…no one (other than my wife)…not even the judges being used to pre-select the 32 contestants, know the true identity of any sample.

The waiting is almost over – I promise.  Just two more weeks.  Best of luck to everyone who decided to put themselves out there. Whatever happens, you all earned the right to raise your fist in the air!
 
WRiTE CLUB – The contest where the readers get clobbered!

20 comments

  1. Thank you so much for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaking the submissions record is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can you tell us how many submissions or is that only after everything for final stats?

    I hope I get chosen, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the competition just got tougher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great about all the many submissions. This bout will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to see what happens in this year's matches! I've got my voting fingers ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to all who entered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read all the entries!! I'm assuming you want me to do the same thing I did last year where I voted on the preliminary rounds but nothing after that until the finals? Let me know if something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited! Can I ask how many entries you did have? Write Club rules!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck everyone! This is going to be fun to watch ;)

    I always imagine people in a boxing ring when I think about WRiTE CLUB. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to all the contestants!!! Great job putting this together, DL!

    And, many, many thanks for the Blitz day today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck, everyone. Yeah, the judges have a tough job ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleased for you Don .. I'm sure it will once again be an amazing event .. busy but so worth it for all the entries ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the update. Getting excited as we near the date of the first bout. How exciting! Maria @ "http://delightdirectedliving.blogspot.com/"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what people submitted! This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are we notified if we get picked?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I waited until after midnight Eastern hoping to be the First to a WRiTE, but alas, it is now past my bedtime. (I can't wait to see the first WRiTE in action!)

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator