Newsletter Signup

.

The Deja Vu Blogfest - 2014



In 2011 and 2012 I used a rather unique Blogfest to help me readjust to blogging after the turmoil of WRiTE CLUB (it seems like a lifetime ago since I wrote a normal post), so I think it's time to resurrect it again. To help me this year I recruited my fellow blogging buddy Nicole Zoltack to assist in coordinating things.

Want to know one of my pet peeves about the way our blogosphere operates?  You can miss some really awesome posts if you need to be away for a while and unable to keep up with your favorite blogs.  While WRiTE CLUB was going on I’ve probably missed hundreds of quality posts.  Anybody who participated in the A to Z Challenge in April certainly missed some truly outstanding posts because of the impossibility of trying to keep up while writing a post a day.  Are you going to do NaNoWrimo this November?  What about all those great blog post you'll miss while your slaving over shiny new idea? It’s really hard to rebound when things get like that, so what I resort to is simply picking up with everybody’s latest post.  You know what that means?  A post about the signing of an agent…missed!  A book contract finalized…missed!  A cry for help..missed!  A birth announcement…missed!  Some other special event in a bloggers life…gone!  I just shake my head when I think of all of the special posts I’ve missed this year.  And then there are the informative posts about the topics I’m dying to know more about, yep I probably missed some of those as well.

It’s for this reason in 2011 and 2012 I hosted the Déjà vu Blogfest, and before that it was the BLOG RECYCLE STATION.  I took the year off in 2013, but Nicole and I have decided to turn this blogfest into an annual event.  So today the two of us would like to announce…. 




On December 19th, anyone who decides to participate will re-post their favorite blog offering from earlier in the year, or one that you believe failed to receive the exposure it deserved. To take part all you have to do is sign-up with Mr. Linky below, then shout out to all of your blogging friends and encourage them to sign up as well.  Take the badge above and plaster it everywhere, blogging graffiti gone wild. Tweet about it (#dejavu2014) and post the picture on Instagram. Then on December 19th as the day unfolds and everyone hops from one blog to another, what they will be reading is the best of the best (as determined by you) from this 2014.  The blogosphere will be chock full 2014 writing brilliance!  Encouragement, enlightenment, knowledge, bared souls, stimulation, hilarity, insecurities, success stories!  All on display…the very same day.  And it couldn't be any easier to take part...no writing necessary!

Sign up on the Linky Tool below and start looking through those old posts!  :)



28 comments

  1. I love this blogfest. Such a great reminder of so many amazing posts. Not sure if I'll participate this year, though. Your release day is the same day my 2nd son turns 18 years old. I think I'd like to do something special for him. Can't wait to read everyone's shares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed so many brilliant A to Z posts! I'm still trying to get around to all the blogs, recycling is always good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The return of the Deja-Vu! Let me go check my posts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has become a yearly tradition for me and one of the highlights of my blogging year. I'm going to do it again...and again and again...

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading everyone's blog posts, though I'm not sure what I'd put up myself ... I haven't had any special news or anything (which kind of makes me sound like a loser ...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I'm happy to participate this year. Thanks for starting it up again. I came over from Left and Write's blog because he wrote about his blog blitz, which I missed, sniff sniff, but wanted to see what your site was about. Got here and realized I'd been here before awhile a go! Glad to find you again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to find a good one to repost! Excited for this blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Don - I'll look for a short one .. now I've signed up ... it's a good idea .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that's odd. I signed up for the blogfest yesterday and left a comment. The sign up is there but the comment's gone. Oh well, I've picked out my oldie post so I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know that I have anything brilliant, but I think combing through my posts and re-posting will be good. What did I post this last year? . . . I'm not even sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been too long since I took part in a blogfest... just a lately I only seem to find out about them after they've taken place.

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure! Due to demands on my free time, I'm not as active of a blogger as I used to be (or as I'd like to be), but the good news about this blogfest is that I already have the post written!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! I love this idea and I totally want to come and play, but I'm taking most of December off...since I'm going to be out of town for half of it. I'll definitely have to pop in and check out the hop though.

    Unleashing the Dreamworld

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thinking about doing this one. Will have to go through my blog posts and see if there are any worth reposting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Psssst! I tagged you for a fun blog award today! http://www.juliedao.com/2014/10/the-one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great idea! I signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad the Deja-Vu Fest is back!
    Now off to hunt down an old post...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been out of the running so long this year that I'm not sure I can join, but seriously, I'm glad to see this blogfest return and I will be reading. Also, I love what you've done to your place, DL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to be able to recycle anytime. My post goes up on Monday, and I look forward to seeing what others have re-posted.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to DL Hammons and Nicole Zoltack for making the Deja Vu Blogfest possible. This is my first time participating and I'm clearing my calendar tomorrow to make time to read as many participant posts as I can! This is going to be fun! Thanks for the opportunity. -- Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the strange sensation that I've seen this before and commented before. Please, human, not another Blog Hop!

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely idea! I only heard about it because a friend participated, but I jumped right in! I look forward to reading these posts over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am late getting around, but I am getting there! Had some folks drop by and leave comments and that was really nice. I think this is a wonderful idea and I want to do it again next year, with a little better planning on my part! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator