Newsletter Signup

.

The Deja Vu Blogfest - 2015



In 2011, 2012, and then again in 2014, I used a rather unique Blogfest to help me readjust to blogging after the turmoil of WRiTE CLUB. This year I’ve just finished up my fourth novel and I’m trying to do it again. I’m a hardy believer that if something works…stick with it…so here we go again.

One of my pet peeves about the way our blogosphere operates is that you can miss some really awesome posts if you’re away for a while. While WRiTE CLUB was going on I’ve probably missed hundreds of quality posts.  Anybody who participated in the A to Z Challenge in April certainly missed some truly outstanding posts because of the impossibility of trying to keep up while writing a post a day.  How about NaNo…anybody fall behind in their blog reading while that was going on? It’s really hard to rebound when things get like that, so what most people do is simply pick up with the latest post of the blogs they follow.  You know what that means?  You could have missed a post about the signing of an agent!  A book contract finalized…missed!  A cry for help...missed!  A birth announcement…missed!  Some other special event in a bloggers life…passed by!  I just shake my head when I think of all of the special posts I’ve missed this year.  And then there are the informative posts about the topics I’m dying to know more about, yep I probably missed some of those as well.

It’s for this reason that I came up with the Déjà vu Blogfest, and it’s become an annual event.  So I’d like to announce this years…. 



On December 18th thru 20th, anyone who decides to take part should re-post their favorite blog offering from earlier in the year, or one that you believe failed to receive the exposure it deserved. So please sign-up to participate with Mr. Linky below, then shout out to all of your blogging friends and encourage them to sign up as well.  Take the badge above and plaster it everywhere, blogging graffiti gone wild. Tweet about it (#dejavu2015) and post the picture on Instagram. Then on that weekend (December 18th-20th) as everyone hops from one blog to another, what they will be reading is the best of the best (as determined by you) from 2015.  The blogosphere will be chock full 2015 writing brilliance!  Encouragement, enlightenment, knowledge, bared souls, stimulation, hilarity, insecurities, success stories!  All on display…the very same day.  And it couldn't be any easier to take part...no writing necessary!

Sign up below and start looking through those old posts!  :)



14 comments

  1. Hi Don - I enjoy doing this Blog Hop .. but can't add my name - and I'm not technically brilliant (and may have missed an obvious!) - so I'll hold this open and wait til I can sign up ... cheers and am looking forward to it - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks .. it's now fixed and I was able to sign up ...

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! So much going on and December whooshing over us. I've always done this so I'll add something and hope I can keep up with the visiting to some extent. I'll be traveling on those days, but hopefully I can hop around to a few stops when I settle into my hotel room each evening.

    Putting this on my schedule.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also added my low viewed memoir blog as well. I can always use more exposure for that one.

    I've tweeted word on this as well.

    Arlee Bird
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great hop last year. Looking forward to doing it again.
    Congratulations on finishing that fourth book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One that didn't get a lot of views? Have to be on of my first ones! Will think about it. December 14 was going to be my last post of the year.
    I don't see a sign up linky...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here, this month - and this week in particular are murder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I included the first one that came to my mind, it's quite a fun one from early in the year. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a good thing. There is not as much posting over the holidays so this will be a good stretch to look at new and familiar blogs. Toodles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Deja Vu for today discusses book covers in the 70s...
    http://bookschatter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/gp-book-covers-were-better.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... and our Deja Vu for the 18th is one of our Paavo's Creeps: A Classic English Ghost Story by W.W. Jacobs
    http://bookschatter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/jerry-bundler-paavo-creeps.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. A post I am particularly proud of, a spring day in the garden. Carolyn @ Pastimes-Passions-Paraphernalia.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tour! Thanks. I'd had a rough weekend, and it was a great pleasure to distract myself with reading so many new folks. Great choices all around!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator