Newsletter Signup

.

Book Update

Now that WRiTE CLUB is in the rearview mirror (for now), I was thinking that it was a good time to provide an update about how sales of my 1st novel Knight Rise are progressing.

To be frank, we're two months in and sales have been luke warm, at best. The difficulty is trying to discover ways to help people find my book. We don't have a huge advertising budget, so we rely mostly on word-of-mouth efforts. One of the more frustrating things is that even though the book has garnered excellent ratings (4.80 on Goodreads) it only has two reviews. Reviews are like GOLD (anybody see my Facebook post) and they really do move the needle when it comes to convincing readers to try a new author. 



So if anyone out there seeing this has read my book, and you enjoyed it, then please consider doing one of the things on the list above. This word-of-mouth campaign needs more words ... or mouths. :)


3 comments

  1. I need to get to reading it! Then I can post a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out of the loop. I didn't realize you had a book out. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a book on how authors can write book reviews faster and easier for exactly this reason. Some people get in the habit of thinking they'll "say the wrong thing," instead of thinking about how certain sites require 5, 20, or 100 reviews (good or bad) to get certain marketing opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator