Newsletter Signup

.

A to Z Challenge – The List Is Open

There are still 61 days until the start of the A to Z Challenge on April 1st, but in case you’re itching to get the ball rolling here is the all-important sign-up list provided by our own Alex J. Cavanaugh.   But let's not get the cart before the horse here, so let me make sure everyone knows what I’m talking about? 

Adding your name to the linky list below (also located on the A to Z site or any of the co-host blogs) means you’ll be signing up to post a blog every day (except Sundays) during the month of April.  There are 26 days in April after you subtract the Sundays, which corresponds to the 26 letters of the alphabet, and therefore 26 blog posts.  Blog posts about what, you ask?  Any topic themed around the letter of the alphabet corresponding to that day.  Day 1 = A, Day 2 = B, Day 3 = C, and so on until you finish on April 30th with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  Some participants choose an over-arching theme to tie all of their 26 posts around, but others (like me) just wing it.

I've posted this before, but here again is a list of this year’s awesome co-hosts.  I am honored to stand alongside them in organizing this challenge!

Co-Hosts:

Arlee Bird @ Tossing It Out
Damyanti Biswas @ Amlokiblogs
Alex J. Cavanaugh @ Alex J. Cavanaugh
Tina Downey @ Life is Good
DL Hammons @ Cruising Altitude 2.0
Jeremy Hawkins @ Retro-Zombie
Shannon Lawrence @ The Warrior Muse
Matthew MacNish @ The QQQE
Konstanz Silverbow @ No Thought 2 Small
Stephen Tremp @ Breakthrough Blogs
Livia Peterson @ Leave it to Livia
L. Diane Wolfe @ Spunk on a Stick
Nicole @ The Madlab Post

Something new this year -- we're introducing Blog Categories for Participants. This is entirely optional, other than for blogs with Adult Content, which will be taken off the list unless marked (AC).

If you'd like to categorize your blog, please choose ONE of 22 categories listed below that best fits the way you would like to describe your blog, and add the code after your blog name while signing up on the linky list.

e.g. Damyanti @ Amlokiblogs (WR) (--we could all tailor the example of our choice here)

Only the codes from the following list will be admissible, in the format they are presented below: e.g. (WR)

Of course you may sign up with just your blog name without a codes, but if you do choose to use one you won't have the option to change it. Multiple entries of the same blog will be deleted.

1. WRITING :                          (WR)
2. BOOKS:                              (BO)
3. FILM :                                  (FM)
4. PHOTOGRAPHY:               (PH)
5. GARDENING:                     (GR)
6. CRAFT:                               (CR)
7. ART:                                    (AR)
8. MUSIC:                               (MU)
9. CULINARY:                         (CU)
10. LIFESTYLE:                      (LI ) 
11. FASHION:                          (FA)
12. PERSONAL:                      (PR)
13. SOCIAL MEDIA:                (SO)
14. GAMING:                           (GA)
15. EDUCATION :                    (ED)
16. POLITICS:                          (PO)
17. HISTORY:                           (HI)
18. SCIENCE:                          (SC)
19. HUMOR:                             (HU)
20. TRAVEL:                             (TR)
21. MISCELLANEOUS:            (MI)
22. ADULT CONTENT:             (AC)

How about it?  Are you as excited to get going as I am?  Who's going to come out and play in April?  Register your name below and let the count down begin!


36 comments

  1. Wow, that's a pretty long list. I did it though. I signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to pass once again this year. But will frequent some of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll hit two hundred by 7:30 am - whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I go to a different copy of this list it gets larger and larger. This is going to be a HUGE year.

    I have one blog signed up and ready to go, I might sign up one of my others. I did two blogs last year and it was great!

    Tim
    The Other Side

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to categorize my blog, great idea. But looking through the list, it seems you guys left out the "loony girl with pigtails" (LGP)category. I'm sure it's just a simple oversight. (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. The list gets longer every time I see it. And I've only been blogging for the past hour this morning. I swear it's grown by 100 since I last saw it.

    I love that they're doing categories this year. That will make things easier. Not that I'm participating. I like my new 'two day a week' blogging schedule. I'm not changing it. But I will check out my favorite blogs who are participating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping, hopping, hopping...and it's still very early morning. Glad you all put the list up early. Found a few new blog titles I'm eager to check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from HI doing HU... this is going to be classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally stalking the blogfest count go up! Epic! I need a life. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to read all of the fabulous posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm signed up and ready to read and write short posts. However, I accidentally broke one rule already - sigh. I chose two areas, and I probably should have just left that part off of my sign up name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa. Even broken into categories, that's an overwhelming list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y'all are crazy :) I could never blog that much without getting severe writer's block. But I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for co-hosting this. I look forward to it every year

    ReplyDelete
  15. This year is going to be so fun. Thanks for co-hosting DL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome intro! Glad to be working with you again :-)

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was the 85th to sign up. Now for the hard work.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in! I'm in! I'm so in. Unfortunately, my blog falls under four or five of those categories, so I'll just leave it blank... but I like the category idea! I'm looking forward to this.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Kick-off, Don. Glad you're part of this great team!

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's quite a list after only being open for a while. I'll be ready for April.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Signing in at #398. Second year playing along. I'm participating officially on one blog and unofficially on another. I think I have both planned out for the month, and I'm beginning to write a few posts in advance to make the month go more easily.

    http://polarbear60.org/randr

    ReplyDelete
  22. YEAH! Fourth year to do it. And I already have my theme!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved participating last year. The catch is I was off work on disability. I'll have to have a Gollum/Smeagol type discussion with myself to see if I can keep up while I'm working.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh! Look at those numbers! Seriously amazing. What a big event. Do I dare participate??? Gaaaaah...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, that's a bit intimidating! Wish I had the time to commit to something like it, but it'll be great to run into a few of the A-Z posts when I do. Good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's a long list of names! I really hope I can join it before April :) Last year was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do like the addition of the categories. And, wow, over five hundred already. It's going to be epic this year. Come on A to Z 2000. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, already well over 500 participants. This is my first time to sign up:) I'm really looking forward to checking out the different categories!

    - Erick
    http://kmdlifeisgood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is a huge participation list! I, on the other hand, dare not attempt, because I probably wouldn't be able to keep up. But good luck to you, DL and everyone else who participates!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I couldn't decide on a code because mine's going to be centred on all the stuff I've favourited on Twitter since I joined. Just drafted my A post and it's all about astronauts!
    I cannot believe how many people signed up this year. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoa! That's a lot of people! I'm going to pass on joining, but I do enjoy reading all the post, so I'll be sure to check out as many as I can. Again, that's a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I still have no clue what I'll be posting about. I like the categories, though - they give me a place to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm in...still got a few entries to prepare, but hoping to finish this weekend. I’ll mostly be exploring CHANGE and SENSORY AWARENESS and how to implement these concepts in storytelling. Good luck to all who are participating.

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator