Newsletter Signup

.

A to Z Challenge - 2013


April is just around the bend and that means the 2013 version of the A to Z Challenge is almost here.  Arlee Bird, the incomparable mastermind behind the challenge has come up with another stellar cast of co-hosts to help organize this year’s event which I’d like to introduce to you today.  Isn’t our shiny new badge at the top of this post cute?  Last year was the first time I participated in the challenge and in addition to thoroughly enjoying the experience, it also proved to be an excellent writing exercise.  Go figure!

Don’t know what I’m talking about?  Let me take moment to ‘splain -- adding your name to the linky list located on the A to Z site (which won’t become active until the end of January) means you’ll be signing up to blog every day (except Sundays) during the month of April.  There are 26 days in April after you subtract the Sundays, which corresponds to the 26 letters of the alphabet, and therefore 26 blog posts.  Blog posts about what, you ask?  Any topic themed around the letter of the alphabet corresponding to that day.  Day 1 = A, Day 2 = B, Day 3 = C, and so on until you finish on April 30th with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  Some participants choose an over-arching theme to tie all of their 26 posts around, but others (like me) just wing it.  Whichever way you decide to go, its an exhilarating experience and one that shouldn't be missed.

Here is a list of this year’s awesome co-hosts, many of which work year round to support the challenge.  I am honored to stand alongside them in organizing this challenge!



Co-Hosts:

Arlee Bird @ Tossing It Out
Damyanti Biswas @ Amlokiblogs
Alex J. Cavanaugh @ Alex J. Cavanaugh
Tina Downey @ Life is Good
DL Hammons @ Cruising Altitude 2.0
Jeremy Hawkins @ Retro-Zombie
Shannon Lawrence @ The Warrior Muse
Matthew MacNish @ The QQQE
Konstanz Silverbow @ No Thought 2 Small
Stephen Tremp @ Breakthrough Blogs
Livia Peterson @ Leave it to Livia
L. Diane Wolfe @ Spunk on a Stick
Nicole @ The Madlab Post

Remember, registration doesn’t start until January 30th  but time to start spreading the word begins today.  How about it?  Are you up for a challenge?  Who wants to come out and play in April?

PS. I’m also doing a guest-post at Cassie Mae’s blog today where I discuss what equestrian footwear and explosive devices have in common. Why don’t you drop by?  :)

46 comments

  1. Truly an awesome list of hosts! I need the come up with my theme for my posts. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to rock the Challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SWORE to myself after last year that I'd be ready for A-Z 2013 with pre-written posts and I'd be organized, bla, bla, bla......
    I still haven't decided on a theme.
    Not even close.
    Looks like I'm going to have to do this by the seat of my pants, AGAIN. But with such an awesome group of hosts it's going to be worth it. (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hosts this year. Hmm? I'm going to have to see if I'm up for the challenge
    this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, EVERY year I want to participate in this but I just know it isn't possible :( Plus I know you'd shake your finger at me and tell me to concentrate on getting my novels written, so I think I will put that as priority #1 and just sit back and enjoy everyone else's A-Z posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so much fun to follow last year~ I love seeing what people come up with on those days with the more difficult letters. I might be traveling in April, so I won't be signing up, but I look forward to checking out the A-Z posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Challenge is an accurate description. It's definitely not for the faint of heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited to be part of the team this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am ready!! I need to brainstorm and come up with a theme...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I get a theme and time to write them up beforehand, I'll do it. If not, I'll probably take the month off. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I might do the A-Z challenge this year. I'll have to plan ahead a bit but it might be fun and shake things up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to another great year of A to Z fun! And so glad you are co-hosting again!

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I have the sanity to do this, but I totally cheer on those who do. Have fun hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Read your post over at Cassies it was great. A-Z sounds like a challenge, not sure I'll be up to posting something everyday but will enjoy reading others offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. DL - Don't go saying things like "April is just around the bend!" Do you want us all to panic?! :) Just kidding. A to Z is going to be amazing, as always...now, if only I could work on my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great line up of hosts! I look forward to getting to know you better as we lurch into April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck! I'm too scared to try it (I already have SO MUCH I need to do that I can't imagine how you find time to do all that you do. I'm in awe!) But you know, I really should try to post more ... One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't BELIEVE it's already time for this again! Where did the year go???

    Good luck with the challenge! Last year I finished my sci-fi novel during April... I might be finishing Rouge #2 this time... :D

    whoot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm already gearing up for A to Z!!! And thanks for joining the Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so looking forward to A to Z this year! I'm already working on blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm torn! I did the challenge for the 1st time last year as well and thoroughly enjoyed it... but... it took up almost all of my writing time for April and I'm not sure I want to give up a whole month again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sure, I cut down blogging to two days a week, then this challenge pops up. I haven't done it yet, and I doubt I'll start now. But I do enjoy seeing what themes people come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking forward to the challenge. It will be my first year! yay. Susan Oloier and I are gearing up over at Moxiewriters.blogspot.com. We have some fun ideas planned! Can wait to read everyone's posts. Should be loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck, Co-Host! The A-Z has brought about some pretty amazing posts every year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm really excited about the challenge this year. It is my 2nd year too and I'm glad you are hosting again. The team sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great intro! I'm looking forward to working with you again. Our team ROCKS!


    Tina @ Life is Good
    http://kmdlifeisgood.blogspot.com/
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm not brave enough to sign up for this one (I hate committing and not being able to follow through) but I'm looking forward to reading a lot of the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. We have a great assembly of team members this year. Thank you for being a part of this Team.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  30. SO WEIRD! How can it be this time already??? Time is crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't believe it is that time again. Where did the year go? Last year was the first year I did the challenge and had a blast and met so many great bloggers along the way and most definitely a great team again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This will be my third year. I'm definitely in.

    ReplyDelete
  33. yay host! my third year, love seeing all the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's quite an incredible line up of hosts for this year. I'm still thinking that I will have to back away. I'm up to my elbows in revisions and as one who is easily distracted, I can't afford the time suck. BUT, I will be watching and ready the posts of others.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good luck with A to Z this year, DL.

    I'm going to be eyeballs deep into revisions so I can start querying for the first time in June, so I won't be able to participate this year. I love reading the posts though!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm definitely signing in at least two of my blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm so ready to go out and play with my ABC's during the A to Z challenge. This year I am getting all my posts done ahead of time. Really, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Never done anything like this challenge. You make it sound like a bitter-sweet experience. I tend to be good at coming up with themes, so I just might give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think this will be my 3rd year. Hmm...maybe second. Shoot, I can't remember. It was a blast, though!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really got to challenge myself with last year's A to Z event, and I look forward to doing it again. Thanks for being one of the co-hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I didn't do it last year, but I'm thinking about it...I just need to come up with a focus for the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. How many people were signed up last year? Wasn't it a ridiculous number? Haven't done it yet because it seems the minute I'm given a theme or topic, my brain goes on strike...Best of luck to the rest of you though!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Glad to be in such awesome company! The first year I winged it; the second year I had a theme (plus stuck to my usual posting schedule). Hrm, what to do this year?

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  44. CONGRATS to the A to Z Challenge team! : )

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator