Newsletter Signup

.

Short & Sweet

How about a quickie??!!  *Grin*  That's what today's post is going to be.  Just gotta take care of some business and I'm outta here to work on my WIP.

First things first.  Thank you for all the comments about my Love at First Sight Blogfest entry.  Two things stood out...everybody enjoyed reading a romantic scene from a male POV...and quite a few of you insisted that I take it down off the shelf.  Believe me when I say the book has issues, the biggest being that its 40,000 words too long for a first time author.  It will see the day of light at some point though, it's that personal to me.

My second piece of business is that two of my favorite bloggers; Elana Johnson and Shelli at Market My Words are teaming up to put on a series of contest that offer serious prizes.  If you're not already a follower of theirs, go by and check it out.

Finally, I am humbled once again.  Gina at A Muse in My Pocket and Kellie at Women's Life Link have both singled me out for the LOVE LINK.  I was overcome by Warm Fuzzies after I read what they said about me.  Additionally, Kimberly Franklin at Confessions: The Secret Life of a Writer blessed me with the Picasso Award.  I don't have the time needed to do justice for both of these recognitions right now, but I will hold onto my duty and pay it forward sometime in the near future.  Thank you Gina, Kellie & Kimberly...really!

That's it...my version of a drive-by blog posting.  :)  Happy hump day!!



 

26 comments

  1. I love quickies! Posts I mean. Stop grinning.
    Congrats on all the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elana & Shelli have a rocking contest for sure!!

    Glad you're hanging on to that story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! "Drive-by-blogging" that's so funny! Happy Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DL--start cutting if that is the issue. Ask yourself as you reread, "Does this move the story forward or is it filler?" YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happened upon your blog and how timely to learn about all these contests. Thanks for letting everyone know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for all your awards..you deserve um! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for awards, quickies, and hump days.

    Umm. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all the awards! Check my blog on Friday, there's another one headed your way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the quickie on hump day! Don't tell my husband, okay?! :-)

    Congrats on the award love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love short sweet posts! After all, there's only so many blogs a gal can read in a day!

    Congrats on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for adding my name to your quickie!

    You are always entertaining and real!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so funny! Congrats on all your awards--I'm sure they won't be the last. Maybe you'll get a "Best Quickie" award next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen Amanda ~ If you ask my wife, she'd say they were all quickies. :(

    Jemi ~ Tanks.

    Kimberly ~ Hope I didn't hit any innocent bystanders.

    Sharon ~ You're right. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Kathi ~ Your most welcome.

    Jade ~ Thank you!!

    Tiffany ~ *Grin*

    Julie ~ Are you going to make me blush again?

    Shannon ~ No promises. :P

    Kellie ~ Not always.

    Amy ~ Now thats an idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quickies are good...I need to get better at quickies myself...all of my posts are long....

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! A quickie in the middle of the week. My husband would get a kick out of that!

    Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love drive-by blogging! Now I'm off to edit so I can do as you suggest and hire a nanny and gardener. Oh, you don't know how I wish...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holly ~ Quickies are good! Good on the eyes, the fingers, and the mind.

    Melissa ~ Your husband WILL get a kick out of that!!

    Anissa ~ Let it be written...let it be so!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice.

    And thanks for the sweet comment, nice to meet you =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the awards! Elana and Shelli are the best, aren't they? Can't wait to see who wins their amazing contests!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL. Drive by blogging. Classic. Well, consider this a drive by comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alyssa ~ Your most welcome!!

    L & L ~ Elana & Shelli ROCK!

    Tiana ~ :) One deserves the other.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the quickie/drive by blog! Definitely don't give up on that project of yours, that's for sure. Love male POV for scenes like that - they are too rare for my liking. ;) Grats on the awards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I haven't been here in a while, and all I can say after scrolling through your last about 5 posts is; I been missing out.

    But you're on my favorites bar now, and I won't forget to visit.

    Thanks for making my day with the last blogfest post. Awesome is my only comment.

    ..........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yeah, thanks for the quickie. congrats on your awards and mentions and all the lovely comments!! Wooo-hooo! It's a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kimberly ~ I've blown the dust off my first novel and I'm starting to play around with it. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Donna ~ Welcome back! I can't believe the positve feedback my scene has received.

    Carolina ~ The pleasures all mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the awards!
    Your blog really is a great read!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator