Newsletter Signup

.

Coffee Shop Déjà Vu


Writer Gold: *sitting down* How many years have we been coming here?

Writer Red: A couple…at least.  Why?

Writer Gold: Well, that’s the first time I’ve used their rest room and I have to say it was disgusting.  Just awful.  You were just in there Black, didn’t you think so?

Writer Black: Not especially.  You must keep a really tidy house.

Writer Gold: Believe me, between chasing after the kids, cooking, and trying to find time to write, cleaning is on the bottom of my to do list!  

Writer Blue: What is it that was so nasty in there?

Writer Gold: *hushed* I found a pubic hair.

Writer Blue: That’s not so uncommon.

Writer Gold: In the sink?

Writer Black: Oh, that was probably mine.

Writer Gold: WHAT!

Writer Black: I had to pull my extra panties out of my purse to find my calculator – it probably fell off then.

Writer Red: I can’t decide whether to be concerned more that you have a used pair of panties in your purse, or that you found it necessary to use a calculator in the ladies room.

Writer Gold: Nevermind!  I’m sorry I brought it up.  So what is everyone re-posting for the Déjà vu Blogfest this Friday?

Writer Blue: I’ve only been blogging for less than a year.  I’m not sure I have anything worth posting again.

Writer Gold: That’s silly; everyone has something they can repost.  There’s like a bazillion bloggers signed up for it already, so you really want to take part in it, for no other reason but the exposure.

Writer Red: It’s a really cool concept for a blogfest.  DL comes up with the neatest idea’s.  Remember last year’s Significant Other blogfest?

Writer Gold: Oh, I loved that one!  But he may have topped himself with this one though.

Writer Black: I’m going to write mine tonight.

Writer Blue: Write what?  I thought you were supposed to re-post a previous blog submission?

Writer Red: You are.  What are you writing Black?

Writer Black:  I was going to write about how I often have these weird past life impressions of being plantation owners wife back in the 1800’s.  

Writer Gold: Black, that’s reincarnation, not Deja Vu!

Writer Black: Oh.  Then, what’s Déjà vu?

Writer Gold: Did you even read any of the posts explaining the blogfest?  Katie, Nicole, Lydia and DL all had something about it.

Writer Red: Not to mention the entire blogosphere has been talking about it for weeks.

Writer Blue: I can pull it up on my iPad if you want.

Writer Black: Okay, I admit it, with me trying NaNo this year and everything else that goes on during the holidays, I may have been skimming through some of my regular blogs.

Writer Blue: Hey guess what…I just got another notification on my Google reader that DL posted again today.

Writer Red : You’re kidding. Let me guess, another reminder about his Blogfest?

Writer Blue: Bingo!

Writer Red: Geez! Does that guy ever quit? Somebody needs to show him what a broken record looks like.

Writer Gold: Whoa!  I just got a serious Déjà vu!

18 comments

  1. This is a wonderful (and hilarious, and strange) reminder! I was just preparing my post last night and remembering where I was emotionally when I wrote it. This is a great idea and I look forward to reading everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I seriously think you should be expanding into another genre with these coffee house conversations. Anyway, the nastiest bathroom line is one I've said many times. And my purse has weird stuff in it, so I relate. I look forward to Deja Vu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm not going to ask why black had a pair of dirty panties in her purse. Ewwwww.

    I'm going to have to miss the blogfest. I've still got my 12 days of Christmas going on then. Plus it's my cool links day. I'll have to think about it. If I did it, my 12 days thingy would have to go first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, gross about the used panties in the purse *barf* WHY, DON?! WHY?! (But I shall be participating in the blogfest anyway! :D )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love it! I was wrinkling my eyebrows at the pubic hair bit, trying to figure out where you were going, but in the end, we got there and laughed during the whole ride! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah!
    And gross.
    But no worries, my blog post is ready and scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny. I'm still wondering why she needed the calculator in the bathroom. Since I only recently stopped carrying a backpack and switched over to a purse, I can relate to really weird things being in there. I might need to go back - to the backpack,I mean.

    What's the big deal to get ready for -- we just re-post something right? There's always a chance I could be missing something (like a few marbles). Let me know if I have it screwed up, again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for this. OF course, I still haven't picked out my post. I'm a bad blogfest leader! I'm hoping one will pop right out at me when it's time to pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rock at these! Panties in the purse???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the laugh! Don't want to know about the panties. Signing up now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I signed up now I have to figure out how to re-post something. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got my scheduled to go. Now I need to clean out my closet.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. good one! I keep forgetting I'm a day ahead - I need some sort of calculator to find out what time it is for you guys, and yes I'd use it in the bathroom! No weirder than the frazzled woman I saw taking a breather from Christmas shopping and going over her list in the relative peace of a very spacious and glitzy rest room complete with easy chairs for relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ready to rock this thing and find some cool blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do we lose points for not having the accent marks? Looking forward to tomorrow, and have already found some early entries! Thanks for hosting, and I enjoyed your coffee shop visit! Julie

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator