Newsletter Signup

.

WRiTE CLUB 2012 – Round Two Winners

Snivvy Crank
Ravenclaw
Seaweed
Sissy Grimm
Peanut Buttercup
Jason Andrews
Eleven
Jade Kestrel
I Am Not Shakespeare
Wildcard - RingGirl

Here are the list of winners from round two, which pitted edit version of original submissions against one another.  Congratulations to one and all!  Round three begins tomorrow, and this is where the contestants will be using all new writing samples! For my ten winners, please get your new material to me ASAP, but definitely before 9 PM central time.
Here's a reminder about how the rest of the play-offs will proceed.

Round 3 (Nov 12-16) - 2nd submission - 5 bouts  (M-F) = 5 winners + 1 wildcard*

Round 4 (Nov 19-23) - 2nd submission - 3 bouts  (MWF) = 3 winners + 1 wildcard*

Round 5 (Nov 26 – 30) - 2nd submission (edited) - 2 bouts (T TH) = 2 winners

FINAL  -  3rd submission - 2 contestants = CHAMPION  (this round will be judged by agents/editors/authors)

*Wildcard winners will be chosen from among the losing entries by selecting the one that received the most amount of votes.

I want to thank Julie and Tiana for helping out with the first two rounds! Using multiple blogs shaved weeks off the contest. I must say however that the number of people who we've seen vote in the play-offs has been a MAJOR disappointment.  One contestant suggested in an email to my wife that maybe the fall-off in participation was due to my own lack of presence around the blogosphere while the contest has been going on, this being a tit-for-tat community, and I have to say they are probably right.  But here's the thing...I like being married.  I only have so much time at night and weekends to spend in front of this computer, and blogging activities only take up a portion of that time. I simply cannot devote the energy to maintain that level of effort and not have it affect my family.  I'm sorry.

14 comments

  1. Hi DL! I think it's incredibly awesome of both you and your wife to host this contest...I have one suggestion and perhaps maybe a bit of a reason for the lack of voting... when I tried to rangle up some people to vote, several people who wanted to vote, but didn't have blogs were unable to sign up and vote. I think that deterred quite a few people from voting because not all who read and follow blogs have a blog of their own. (Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe it was possible to sign up without a URL/Blog?)

    Just something I noticed! Regardless, I think it's an amazing thing you've done for writers and the blogging community, and I hope this doesn't discourage future WRiTE CLUB's from happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great entries going into round three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have run an epic contest, there are only so many hours in a day. Thank you for the work you have done and congrats to the winners going into the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations entries! can't wait to read the new ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're already doing so much Don! Don't feel bad about not spending even MORE time on blogging :) I don't think that's really the reason for the lack of votes. I think maybe it's just that people have a limited attention span, and this season of WRiTE CLUB has been quite long. I know it's hard to cut entries from the initial pool, but if you keep getting the sheer number that you have, it might be something to consider. I can't wait to read the new submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don, I think you and Kim are HEROES for contributing so much of your time and energy to this amazing contest. Thank you, thank you for all you do. As others have said, there are only so many hours in the day and you need to enjoy your everyday life aside from your blogging life. I'm honored and glad to have been able to help, and obviously you both know if you ever needed a hand with this or anything else, I'd offer in a heartbeat.

    Congrats to all of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the winners!

    You know Don, I don't think you have anything to apologize for at all. Yes voting definitely tapered off over the course of this contest, but you and Mrs. DL have done SO much for this contest. Maybe it's too long, maybe you not visiting other blogs to publicize it lowers participation, or whatever. But the fact remains that it's a great contest, it's given so many writers an opportunity to get their work out there and get feedback, and it's FUN!

    Personally I've enjoyed it just like I did last year and I'm really looking forward to the new entries! Viva la WRiTE Club!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. You've done a lot to promote this and I'm sorry if I missed voting in some of the rounds but as you say we can each only do so much.No apologies necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners! I'm excited to see new material from you guys. I'm going to spread the word and try to get votes back for the final stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been around for a while and I am doing NaNo so I have really been MIA. I loved tuning in and reading the entries. This is a nice break from NaNo and life in general. All of the entires a re great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, don't apologize!! You're expending a ton of time here, and anyone rational understands that you have, you know, LIFE and stuff other than your blog. Thanks for everything you've done here, and thanks to your wife, and thanks to Julie and Tiana.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, everyone here seems to think that you are doing enough. I don't know about that. I'm thinking you should not sleep and cut out eating while you are hosting WRiTE Club. And really, why not jeopardize your marriage for this? After all, blogging IS life, right? And writing about life is even better than experiencing it...
    Oh, never mind.
    They're right.
    Really, thanks for putting all this together. I've enjoyed reading all the entries and am looking forward to reading more good stuff...except I'm starting to not like the voting part. It's gotten too difficult to make decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I'm a little annoyed that anyone would imply it's your fault the votes have slowed. You have gone above and beyond as it were. I think rather that a lot of the writers--and original voters--decided to stop following further bouts once their entries were outvoted. But as one of the "losers" myself, I can say that the reason I show up to vote whenever humanly possible is that I want to encourage the writers who have made it, to learn from their excellence, and to have fun with the competition. I feel pretty strongly that voters should be here to learn and enjoy and encourage...not to earn themselves blog traffic.
    That said, I'll try to spread the word to get some voters back for these last rounds.
    MANY CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners!
    And COUNTLESS THANKS to the Hammons'!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator