Newsletter Signup

.

Pulse


I still have one.

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted, and frankly I don't really have any news or advice to relay today, but I didn't want to go three weeks without speaking up.  It's not really like there's anybody to notice...my comments lately dipping into the single digits...but that's my fault (very little ying to my much appreciated yang) and it really shouldn't drive my behavior towards this blog.

Not much to report (at least positively) on the submission front, which is a bit dis-heartening, but it does little to deter my efforts. I needed to make a decision about what project to work on next and the lack of interest from submissions have helped me make up my mind.  It was either begin work on the sequel to Moving Fear (the book on submission), or start on a new and exciting project.  The fact that I've written two chapters on the new book should give you my answer.  First draft's can be really fun, and I'm having a blast with this one.  If you were paying attention to my Facebook page you've seen what the main theme is...Don't judge a book by the cover other people put on it.  It's a YA Mystery that I feel has a lot of potential, extremely marketable, and if I don't muck it up, could be my first publication. Cross your fingers.

Other than the occasional BLOG BLITZ (another coming soon) and concentrating on this new book, not much else going on.  I'm sorry I haven't been around to your own blogs lately, but since my workplace updated their internet policies and disallowed visits to blogs, there's just not enough time in the day (after 5PM) to spend visiting when I'm trying to write as much as I can.  I just can't be a semi-popular blogger and take the steps necessary to becoming a published author at the same time. I've tried to do both...I really have...and I can't do it. There are those who can keep all the balls in the air and manage to make everyone happy, I'm just not one of them.  Getting an agent was the first step...now I need to do whatever it takes so I don't disappoint either of us.

So, although I do have a pulse...you may not see many signs of life from me. I will keep this blog active and contributory, but that's about it. I Hope you understand.

DL




25 comments

  1. Eh, I post all the time and I'm lucky if I get more than a few comments each post. But those few comments are people I really like, so I'm okay with it. With as busy as I've been, I don't comment as much as I used to either. Do what you have to do to get the work done. And when you get a quiet moment, post. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding B.E. I'll do just that. :)

      Delete
  2. This is why I post about once a month :) Good luck with submissions (I'm still doing edits and will be for a while, ugh). And with your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your book finds a home soon. Keep working on the new manuscript. It will help you remain sane.
    And now you know why I only post once a week. I'd go nuts trying to keep up with blog traffic every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To do what you do would drive my bongo's Alex! :)

      Delete
  4. It's still nice to see you post. Even if you have nothing new to share. :) I hope your book finds a home, and the right one, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm the same way. I post about once a month for ISWG.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can do better than that...I certainly would like to. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Don - good luck with all things and having to fit all things in, isn't at all easy. I post when I'm ready - I make no commitments ... and even this break over the summer doesn't seem to have dulled my appetite or commenters I hope! Am I ready ... not sure - but I do miss the creation and the connectivity ... cheers Hilary

    PS I'll be at the blitzing shortly ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to fit everything in sometimes, most of us know this feeling! I haven't been around so much over the summer as I have been focusing on writing. Dropping by from time to time is fine by me. Hope the new project goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is where my focus is now as well. Wrote three chapters today! :)

      Delete
  8. I get it. It's hard to fit everything in with writing and blogging! Best wishes on you writing and your writing journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your last comment about keeping a semi-popular blog and still trying to become a published author resonates with me. Aside from maintaining a second blog for the sake of financial need, my once modestly popular blog on writing World of My Imagination just doesn't get my attention like it used to. I'm struggling to edit and revise a short story, as well as rewriting some poetry and it's just taking up my energy. Now if only I had to show up to work to blog and write, I'd have much more time on my hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...if that were only an option. I'd love to write full-time, then I'd have plenty of time to blog the proper way. Not in the cards anytime soon though. :)

      Delete
  10. Ug, blogging does take up a lot of time, especially if you have to do it all in your personal hours. Writing posts, reading posts, social media. It is a little nerve wracking. But at least you decided to focus on the right thing - writing. At least, that's what will pay for your meals. Hopefully. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For months I may post to my blog, but didn't comment or have time to read anybody's. Even having nothing to report is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Still doesn't prevent me from feeling guilty though. :)

      Delete
  12. I understand. Keeping up with everything can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A person can stretch only so far. Give yourself the Grace to pursue what you love most. It sounds like you have a great manuscript in the works, and hopefully the one that's already out there will find a home soon!

    Speaking of grace, my phone insists on autocorrecting that word to a capitalized proper noun. I think it started sometime around the end of Write Club... ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator