Newsletter Signup

.

Anyone Got Time for a Beta?

Mission accomplished!

In my last post I told you I would be spending the 4th of July weekend in my own personal writing retreat revising my YA Mystery/Suspense novel PRICK, and I did just that. From Friday through Monday, sun up until way past sun down, I slaved away while I combated sleep deprivation, air condition issues, and a coffee shortage at inopportune times. Still, I finished working on what I consider is my best work so far. Now it's even better, but that doesn't mean it can't still be improved, and that's where I need your help.

Of course I've already given it to my critique group to look over, but I wanted to seek out a couple more opinions from people who come to it cold.  What I'm looking for is basically a chapter by chapter summary of what you like and/or what needs improving. There are a couple of restrictions though. First off, the person(s) needs to be someone I am pretty familiar with, because the trust factor must be high. Secondly, I prefer someone who spends a lot of time either writing or reading in the YA Mystery genre. And finally, I'm looking for a fairly quick turnaround as I would like to make whatever changes are necessary and get it into the hands of my agent (who hasn't seen it yet) fairly soon.

If you're on the fence about committing and want to know a little bit more about the book first, just email me at tbone(dot)don(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send you a back-cover style of description.

Naturally I will be more than happy to return the favor on something of yours - now or in the future.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out!

DL Out




1 comment

  1. DL - I would love to help you out, but I'm behind in another beta . . . so I think you need someone more speedy than me. Plus, I really read more YA fantasy and sci-fi than mystery.
    Best of wishes with your beta readers!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator