Newsletter Signup

.

Whodunnit Update



We are almost halfway through WHODUNNIT – A 600 follower celebration/contest and ten people have made an attempt at guessing who murdered Grayson Wilboune. Five of those were right! Kudo’s to them! I know of only one blogger who located all 37 clues *waves at Vicki* and being the generous spirit that she is, offered to give some away on her blog. There is still plenty of time! Those who haven’t made a guess yet and are shooting to have their names entered FIVE TIMES in the drawing for a $20 quarterly gift card, have until Monday morning to do so. Incorrect guesses still get your name entered in the drawing, but only ONCE. On Monday morning I’ll be posting the links to all 37 clue locations and correct guesses after that will also go into the hat just ONCE.

How about a tip on how to figure out the clues? No way…you gotta do the work. But I will tell you this, I am tricky, but not devious. All the clues are to be taken at face value. Don’t read in anything that’s not there or let your imagination get the best of you.

I have to admit I’ve been a bit disappointed with non-mystery related participation. The last time I held a blog contest, back when I achieved 300 followers, I had 57 ‘Like-Minded’ take part. This time around I have twice as many followers, but only one more participant (58). Now it is early and there is still another week left to go, but I don’t think the word about my contest has reached my casual readers, the ones who drop by sporadically. So I’m going to add some incentive to help get the word out.

If you mention this contest on your blog someway (either in a post or on your side-bar), tweet about it, or put it in your Facebook status, you’ll earn an extra two spots in the general drawing (non-mystery related). Just leave me a comment here telling me what you have done and I’ll make the change. Some of you have already spread the word out of the kindness of your hearts, and that means a lot, but I haven’t been keeping track so make sure you leave me a comment and get the proper credit. Remember though, everyone has to leave a comment on my original post to be eligible for any prizes!

Have fun everybody! Enjoy your weekends.

31 comments

  1. i don't know how she found all the clues. CRAZY!

    I'll do a blog post advertising. I'm writing it right now and will schedule it to post bright and early tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad that more are not participating. I'm having so much fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling finding the clues (apparently I'm not a good detective), but I HAVE plugged your mystery competition!


    Twice, in fact.

    http://tessasblurb.blogspot.com/2011/02/icicles-of-death-and-other-prompts.html

    and

    http://tessasblurb.blogspot.com/2011/02/randomfest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second one should read

    http://tessasblurb.blogspot.com/2011/02/randomfest.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she found them all. I found 32 and I am going nuts trying to find the other five!

    Hey, DL,

    I just Tweeted and put you up on my side bar....

    I hope it helps.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing she found all of them. But I feel so special for being one of five :) I'm putting a link up on my sidebar to advertise, it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breaking my own arm patting myself on the back but I also found all 37 clues! Yeah me!

    I also put a blurb on my blog cause I had so much fun!
    http://hmgardner.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-sad.html

    Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such a fun game, DL! I'm putting it on my facebook status right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I always miss things like this when they start! Sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found all the clues. Now I just need to read the story again and figure out whodunnit, so I can get my guess sent to you before Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like those who are doing this are having fun! I'm cheering all of you on!!
    Ann Best, Author

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have found 3 but then due to PC issues I haven't been able to do much. I plan on maybe this weekend doing some super sleuthing :)

    I did give a small shout out in a post :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somebody fund all the clues? WOW! Kudos to all the participants...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only find 27 at this point - and I have a few really important gaps! It's driving me a little nuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with this - sounds like a super fun contest!

    You have a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. vicki is such an awesome sweetheart of a detective, isn't she!?! this contest is a blast dl! i bet you're going to have so many people entered, you'll feel like that flip-top head toothpaste guy from all the jaw dropping you'll be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey DL, I'm going to put your contest on my sidebar too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I blogged!!

    http://stacysrantings.blogspot.com/2011/02/dls-whodunnit-game.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've tweeted!

    I have 28 clues and I still have no idea. So crazy. I may have to just make a guess. But I have until Monday, right? I shall keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is prolly just a lot going on right now. But I helped spread the word. Blogged and tweeted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not ready to guess yet, but I have posted about your contest. There are a few more sites I need to visit before I'm ready to hazard a guess. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw you came by before I could get here. I hope you picked up the Write Hard award. I meant it for everyone. Really. If you didn't get it, please go back and pick it up. Seriously! And have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great contest/game. I'll post about it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to drop a note to a fellow crusader!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved this contest! So much fun pulling all the clues together. Thanks for the shout, I was wondering why I suddenly had in increase in clue requests!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really think this is a fantastic contest and I would love to participate - but I'm struggling now to get around to everyone as it is, and I'm already spending WAY too much time on the computer. That being said, I'll be watching with interest and I really admire your originality!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This blog very pleased me, I am an academician of Education who has shared with the virtuality of my media works? As professor of theology.
    www.vivendoteologia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm having a great time trying to figure out the answer! I've only been able to find 27 clues though, so I wonder if I should wait... Narrowed it down to three suspects...

    ReplyDelete
  29. This sounds fun! *rubs hands together* Going to your original post to find out all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I forgot to tell you that I did add your fantastically fun contest to my sidebar @ virginsheets.blogspot.com.

    And I'll be making a second guess before the deadline on Sunday.

    I'm SO not good at mystery solving. Scooby and the gang would be disappointed in me.

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator