Newsletter Signup

.

Welcome Fellow Crusaders – 1st Challenge

I really had no business putting this post together; life is just that hectic right now. But it was the Crusaders first challenge and I really didn’t want to pick up a slacker tag right off the bat (give it a couple months). So as to not to become bloviate, let’s cut to the chase.

Here’s the Challenge: In 300 words or less, tell us…

• one secret
• one lie
• one interesting quirk
• one annoying habit
• one of your best character traits, and
• one of your favorite things in the whole world.

Right. So this is me in a nutshell. The novels I write fall into the mystery/suspense genre, but I explore other genre’s in my short stories. You can find a sample of one linked to my projects tab above. I have this odd aversion to watching people play with their belly buttons, which is ironic since I have two of them. I also have no sense of smell, which would keep me from being a fighter pilot, but an excellent sanitation employee. I annoy my wife to no end by playing around with the change in my pocket, so I’ve learned to stop carrying coins. I have an endless supply of patience, except when it comes to my writing. Was that a rabbit chasing a fuliguline with a blade? Weird. Where was I? Oh yeah, I don’t have many real-life friends, but there is nothing I wouldn’t do for the ones I do have.

What do I call nirvana? Where am I most at peace? With my head resting in my wife’s lap…wherever that may be, or sitting on the balcony of a cruise ship watching natures majestic splendor drift by as we sail along the inside passage of Alaska.

Times up (actually my word count limit). I may have revealed something about me that isn’t strictly true, can you guess what it is?

PS. I’m sorry to everyone for not being able to get around to your blogs these past couple weeks. You know I’m good for it, right?  :)

29 comments

  1. Lots of information.....


    Good job. More than one interesting statement could be false.

    Hmmmm. I'd have to think on it.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it would be watching people play with their belly buttons. If that is true it is truly an odd quirk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say you have two belly buttons? I'm guessing that's the lie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the belly button thing is true your wife should worry more about where you hang out than the noisy change in your pockets.

    Just saying ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm torn between the two belly buttons or the not having many real-life friends. Logically it would seem that you couldn't have two belly buttons - but I find it hard to believe you don't have many real-life friends. I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO not believing the part about the belly buttons OR the sense of smell... LOL! You nut. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing the belly buttons or sense of smell. But who knows? You can be tricksy.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a great post as always. I think you DO have a sense of smell and that's the little lie.

    If you weren't lying about loving to cruise, my husband and I are cruisers as well. You won't catch me cruising to Alaska though -- too cold. We cruise South and my heaven is an island named St. Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your entry! I'd guess your fib is you don't have two belly buttons. And believe me, if that's not it, you are showing both of them to me the next time we meet up! Kim will supervise -- but seriously, that's something I'd HAVE to see for myself!!

    Good luck with all the busy in your life. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guess is you don't have two belly buttons, although that's pretty unique and that alone might rule it out--my second guess would be the one about your sense of smell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was that a rabbit chasing a fuliguline with a blade?--Love this line :)

    Two belly buttons...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm wondering how a person could get two belly buttons. Did you swallow your twin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll cut you some slack if there's Hot Tamales involved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You made this tough. Hmmm...I'm going to guess that either the two belly buttons or the endless supply of patience is the lie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm thinking the statement that you only have one lie in your post is the lie ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet you don't really play with your change. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! I was laughing out loud at your fantastic use of the random words required. :)

    I'm gonna say you don't have two navels. But it's all really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't feel alone in the lack of Crusade following. I think I've visited 3 of the about 50 that have stopped by to follow me.

    I'm a failure at this blog following thing. But I did manage to do the challenge.

    I love your post. Its so - you. Do you really have two belly buttons? You may be required to post a pic of such a splinded novelty.

    Have a great weekend DL.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd go with the two belly buttons as well.

    This post was great! I don't think I could have done this in 300 words or less!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If it's not that you have two belly buttons, I will be heartbroken. That would be insanely awesome. In that case two would be better than one just for beach season alone!
    Cruise ship you say? I have always wanted to go on a cruise and then my brain says, "No! Rouge waves are a very real and very scary. Just ask Fergie!" and then I back down from the need to be on a ship...ever.
    Such a fun post, it never gets old learning more about you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know you don't have a sense of smell and I know you, like me, hate belly buttons being messed with *shudder*...but I feel pretty sure the 2 belly buttons thing is the lie.

    I googled it...it does exist. (which is news to me) So if it is a truth, we want pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmm, I think it's the bit about patience...remember how you rushed to get to the LSU game?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would have to say the two belly buttons factoid is the lie. It's just weird enough that I WOULD believe it if I thought it was actually biologically possible.... but hey, I COULD be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm guessing the two belly buttons is a lie? If it's not, does that mean you had two umbilical cords? It'd be like you ate your twin or something, haha!

    My husband can't smell, so if that's true then know you're not alone! It's annoying for me though when I want someone to help me decide if the alarming scent I smell is explosive and lethal or not, haha.

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! One of the more difficult ones. I'd go with the sense of smell, but my husband doesn't really have one either. So I guess I'll go with the two belly buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  26. The change habit is funny. My hubby's habit that really bugged me was that he was always looking at his watch...I'm like what you have some place to be!? Sheesh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wish I had known about this challenge earlier. I would definitely have joined in the fun and become a crusader. :P Great blog! New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved it! Hehe.. I'm guessing the two belly buttons?... or maybe the no sense of smell? :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm going to guess either belly buttons or the cruise.

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator