Newsletter Signup

.

A Reluctant Tagging


After I returned from my self-imposed blogging hiatus last year I decided I wasn’t going to participate in activities such as meme’s or tagging anymore.  Same goes for Blog Awards.  Oh, I used to be all into them and relished every single time I received the recognition.  Now, I sort of cringe, because I know I’ll be forced to disappoint someone.  I still LOVE and appreciate the acknowledgement that comes with such a selection, but I no longer have the time to go through the gyrations that routinely accompany them.  I don’t do chain letters either, so the idea of passing something along doesn’t really appeal to me.  I don’t want to demean my readers who do enjoy those activities and I’ve probably lost a few followers just admitting this; but it’s just not for me any longer.  Nowadays, a kind comment on one of my post is all I need to know you care.

That being said, Julie Fedderson at Gypsy in My Soul tagged me last week with the latest question & answer meme going around.  I had been tagged a couple other times before that and managed to fight off the urge to contribute, but the questions that Julie came up with were really playful and piqued my interest.  So I’m breaking my own rules to go ahead and answer them for her, I'm also supposed to be on a diet but I'm sitting here eating a Danish.  Somebody slap me!!  Anyway, what I won’t be doing is making up my own questions and asking other bloggers to participate.  At least a few of my principles have to remain intact.  J  I hope you enjoy my answers Julie.


  1. Paper or plastic?  I prefer those reusable/recyclable bags that Walmart offers.  You know the ones that turn into trunk liners because you can NEVER remember to bring them into the store when shopping.

  1. What cartoon do you still secretly enjoy watching?  Avatar – The Last Airbender was the last cartoon one I watched.  Terrific series!  However, the live action movie based on the cartoon blows!

  1. If you could pick up an instrument and immediately know how to play, what instrument would you choose?   I could get the rumor mill churning about homo-erotic tendencies by choosing the flute, or maybe the Piccolo, but that would demonstrate a complete lack of tact.  Instead I’m torn between the Piano and the Guitar.  I’ve always had a desire to play one of those instruments, but stubby fingers put a crimp in that dream.  If I had to choose, I’ll go with the Guitar.  I don’t think I could lift the Piano.

  1. What is the song that most defines your personality?  Of all Julie’s questions, this is the one that intrigued me the most.  It’s actually a topic I’ve thought about before, what songs would constitute a soundtrack of my life?  A good majority of them would be instrumental, or with very few lyrics, because I’ve always been a very quiet person and prefer to let my actions speak for me, but there are also some rockers as well because underneath my quite bravado, I’m a head-banger at heart.  Here are a few I’ve thought about.   “Blue Sky” by The Allman Brothers.  “Blowing Free” by Wishbone Ash. “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band,  “Easy” by The Commodores, “Dust in the Wind” by Kansas, “Journey of the Sorcerer” by The Eagles, “All Together…Oh That!” by Focus, “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC, and “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.

  1. What’s your anger style?  (i.e. simmer and steam, etc.)  A cross between Mount Everest and Mount St. Helens.  It takes a lot…and I’m talking A LOT, to get me angry.  Usually the exasperation I might be feeling stays far beneath the surface and dissipates over a very short period of time.  However, I have blown a few times (we’re talking black eyes) and when that happens the world knows about it.  

  1. What do you think will be the downfall of modern society?  Note my answer to #1.  Great idea’s and intentions designed to slow down the effects of global out-of-control consumption… never taken seriously.

  1. What is the best character name you’ve ever come across?  Pussy Galore in Goldfinger.  Ian Fleming had no shame!

  1. What is your most bizarre beauty ritual?  That would imply that actual beauty would result.  LOL!  I find my entire ritual bizarre because my latent OCD forces me to do it the exact same way every time.  Shower…dry…put on socks/pants/shoes (in that order)…shave (electric)…apply after-shave…apply deordorant…comb (despite the fact that most of my hair answered the disembarkation call long ago)…brush teeth…floss…done. 

  1. What is your favorite scent?  Did you not read my Senseless post?

  1.  Could your Significant Other identify you by just one body part, and if so, which one?  *Stares at the screen, with just a hint of a smile…and winks*

  1.  What moment in your life would have won the $10,000 on America’s Funniest Home Videos?  If I decided to vlog the answer to the previous question and it turned out the camera didn’t have enough zoom.  #EPICFAIL

40 comments

  1. Dude...
    You had me at hello.....and then I read #10..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I gave up the awards circuit some time ago, but these really are some great questions. I always enjoy questions about what songs/types of music would accompany an individual's "life soundtrack".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!

    I just made the same decision. My post today, has to do with tagging but I mixed it up, gave it another purpose.

    Loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost it on your answer for number ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers. Sometimes being tagged reveals more about you beyond the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great beauty routine. It's definitely working for you. And it's so quick and simple. Brilliant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a funny post! I usually hate memes too but the answering questions about myself and reading the answers to fellow bloggers is fun. Thanks for sharing...and not sharing some things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up! I actually DO remember my reusable bags, thank you! What a great collection of songs - that totally helps give such a vision of who you are.

    I'm with the others - no video please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *reaching across the blogoshere to grab that Danish*....Your answers made my morning. Thanks for the giggle. I'm glad you came out of self-imposed tagging banning to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh geez, did we really need #10? LOLOLOL. Agree with Stina - great beauty routine. Will have to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And if your wife didn't recognize that part, what then?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post. I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you took on Julie's challenge and answered this. Now whenever I hear those songs I'm going to think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my . . . I just love your sense of humor. So much so that I read every word of every answer and laughed aloud several times! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't do tags either, or awards anymore, or blogfests....let's see what's left? the A to Z Challenge? Yep, still do that one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I'm assuming from your answer to #8 - you go shirtless. Nice! If your wife can't pick you out by the body part then she can look for the shirtless wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so excited to get awards when I first started my blog. But then I realized how many hoops I had to go through to be a recipient that follows rules. Then I slowly backed out hoping no one would notice. *giggle*
    Stopping over from the A to Z Challenge. I can't wait to start!!
    P.S. Of course I'm your newest follower
    Giggle, Laugh, Cry

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've actually had The Last Airbender recommended to me several times. I think it's time I watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can I just say that if you got any cooler I'd blush?

    But seriously, I loved your answers. I also completely respect that under other circumstances you wouldn't have done this and if you were to lose a follower because of that, then, well, WTH is all I could say about that.

    I absolutely adore The Last Airbender. When I saw the movie, my daughter enjoyed all the pretty CG effects while I sat there holding my stomach down from projecting vomit on the screen. That was such a painful and disappointing experience. Sorry, feeling the emotions so ripe still.

    Okay, moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, uhhh, that winking thing... Does that mean the body part in question is your eyelid?

    Probably not, huh?

    Yeah -- as we've talked about many times, it's so damn easy to go from blogging about your writing to simply blogging for the sake of blogging, getting wrapped up in the interaction and all the other stuff.

    But no worries -- take all the breaks from the blogging "gottas" you want, my friend. I got'cher back, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run,'

    Head Banger, HUH? and you look like such a nice boy.

    I was wonderin' about that topless thing too.

    Certainly, a revealing 11 ???

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Doh!! Can't believe I forgot to mention:

    "Blue Sky" is probably one of my all-time favorite songs. One of the last recordings while Duane was still alive. Absolutely love the solos and the harmony parts. One of the few vocals by Dickey, too...

    Great choices, Don!

    ReplyDelete
  23. DL, you ROCK. You're a fascinating person, so I actually read all your answers, LOL. Sometimes I speed read ;) Glad you broke the rules and shared! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely hilarious!

    DL, this post made my morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great answers and questions. My bags are always left in the back of the car too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great answers! :) You crack me up! And I totally agree with your Ian Fleming comment - those names!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am totally sending you some Jethro Tull flute sheet music--you know you want it. I am so very touched that you played my game--especially since it is a rarity for you! The answers were absolutely fantastic, and I peed a little when I read number 10. In a good way, though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am totally sending you some Jethro Tull flute sheet music--you know you want it. I am so very touched that you played my game--especially since it is a rarity for you! The answers were absolutely fantastic, and I peed a little when I read number 10. In a good way, though.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yep Galore is a name of names. lol
    I love the Avatar cartoons too... especially with the pop ups.
    Always fun to learn more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Some fantastic song choices for a life soundtrack :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so with you on the tagging and award issues. I still do it, but with not the same gusto that I once did and I don't follow the rules that require a lot of extra work and time--I rather use that to visit and leave comments.

    Love your answers. Sounds like you and I have some things in common. I like your song choices. A life soundtrack post is fun--you should do one of those sometime.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
  32. Doesn't seem to matter what your post is on/about, I always leave satisfied. funny stuff, Thx-again :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. DL! Loved reading all the questions and answers, too. Of course you made me laugh! And, I too, wondered if you went around shirtless all the time...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  34. No matter what you write about it is always enjoyable. I don't participate in questions because, honestly, I don't think I know the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Interesting Q & A. I've played the guitar, clarinet, piano (a little bit), tried the flute, but really wanted to play the drums. : ) Have a great week!

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete
  36. D.L. Ian Fleming was the master at innuendo names. They try, but it took me forever to get "Vanya Annatop." Lotta Fagina is still my favorite from Austin Powers.
    @Anna *** Raising hand in agreement*** LOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those were fun questions and answers, though I know how you feel about the tagging/award thing. #10 made me laugh. I'm afraid I'm a volcanic eruption of anger when I go, but I'm not as quickly angered as I used to be.

    I'd love to be able to play the guitar and the piano. I'm just not brave enough to go get lessons (nor am I willing to spend the time/money at this time in my life).

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thought I'd take a quick peek to get ideas for when I belatedly turn this in next week. I knew you'd have terrific answers, and I was not disappointed! I also agree with your chain letter philosophy! See you at A to Z! Julie

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator