Newsletter Signup

.

Looking for a few good men . . or women

I'm writing my last two chapters of my book and I expect to have the first draft completed by the end of the weekend. My next step will be to take a little time off (just a week or two) and then start the process of revising and editing. I had an idea though. I thought I would solicit the help from a few of my friends and family. What I really need input on, even before I start editing, is questions like this: What works? What doesn't? What characters need more emphasis? What plot twist need better explanations? Which ones are telegraphed too soon. Did I hit an emotional funny bone?

So here's what I'm going to do. I am asking for five volunteers who would be willing to read the first draft of my novel and give me feedback. Now before you raise your hand so fast, there is a catch. First, you need to be a follower of this blog. Second, there is work involved. What I need is chapter by chapter summaries, filled out upon completion of each chapter. Answering the questions I posed above and providing me with an insight to how the plot is developing from your perspective. As you read, I'd like you to highlight parts you like, parts you don't like so much, and especially writing you stumbled on (had to read several times to understand).

If you're willing to do all of that for me, I'll make arrangments to put the book in your hands. FALLEN KNIGHT is a mystery/thriller, and does contain some objectionable language (not a lot). Now remember, this is only the first draft, so the musical score and special effects haven't been added yet. But you'll get the idea.

Don

Willing readers can apply through the comment section.

3 comments

  1. I would be willing to read it and give comments. I have over 7 years experience with web content writing and have three e-books that are almost ready for sale. I have 8 years experience with proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow . . . a resume even. :) That's awesome. Consider yourself on the list Cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I luv to read(read at least 2 books a week, sometimes more) and would luv to read it...and you also know, I don't hold back on opinions....LOL

    Please pick me...pick me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator