Newsletter Signup

.

My 100 Words for $100 Dollars Blogfest Entry

This was much more difficult than I first imagined when I signed up for Elena's blogfest in early January.  The rules were as follows:

Objective: Write one 100-word sentence (with a 5-word leeway, so between 95 words or 105 words). You may use ONE semi-colon, if necessary. There is no genre. The only requirement is that you love it enough to post it on various social networking sites.

Mission accomplished and posted below.


Submerged


As my head dipped below the crest of the frigid waters my thoughts  couldn’t resist flashing back to that previous exploration and the horrifying secret we had unknowingly drug up from those sunlight starved depths and how it had started so simply, innocently, betraying not a hint of the hidden evil that was so patiently waiting for the release that would ultimately sentence the world to a fate far worse than everyday headlines threatening economic ruin or fanatical terrorists could even hope to portray; revealing itself as the true harbinger of doom even the most twisted imagination could conceive.     

You can find the links to the other sentences HERE on Elena's blog. 

Oh...and you might want to stop back by on Monday!  Something exciting is brewing! :)

18 comments

  1. I had thought about trying this, but then remembered once how it took me countless hours trying to do the same sort of thing, in this case following a set pattern for a poem in a writing workshop; it consumed my week!! So I didn't do this one sentence thing. But it has made me want to look up some of William Faulkner. He did this a lot. Takes skill. Your skill is evident in this sentence. Well done!!
    Ann Best, Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never seen this challenge before, and when I was reading about it, I'll admit I was a bit skeptical. (I had the fear of the run-on sentence hammered into me by my high-school English teacher, bless her.) But your piece really works! Thanks for sharing it! - G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is such a dark and powerful sentence. It feel foreboding. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! it really is possible to do!! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I never thought a run-on sentence could be so gripping and so far all of the entries have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spooky! I like the part about the sunlight-starved depths.

    I wrote a 55-word flash fiction story once. Wish I'd known about this contest - I love these kinds of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember my editor commenting I like to write long sentences and need to shorten them. I can appreciate a long sentence. Well done. reading of his head dipping under the water engaged me and I felt a brief twinge of fear when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm impressed. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Great job with it! I didn't sign up for it because I just didn't have time to dedicate to it, but I think it's a stellar idea and you really did a nice job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, wicked cool even. :) I dug it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful bit of writing! And all in 100 words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought your sentence was fantastic! It didn't run on; rather it built imagery atop imagery until the tone was established and the story was told. Kudos! That's a hard challenge to meet, and you exceeded!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator