Newsletter Signup

.

The Blog Award Black Hole

I’ve been a bad, bad blogger. So bad in fact, why don’t you go ahead and slap my wrist. OUCH!!! Crap! I said wrist!

Okay, maybe I deserved more than the wrist. Over the course of the past several months, I have been the recipient of numerous blog awards that have unceremoniously sat collecting dust on my imaginary shelf, patiently waiting for some sort of formal acknowledgement here on my blog. I wasn’t so dense that I neglected to thank each of my benefactors, which I did profusely on their original posts, but blog award etiquette dictates that I do the same on my own blog. I’m sure some of them were beginning to wonder if their gracious token of recognition had disappeared into an black hole, never to be seen from again.

Like I said…bad blogger.

But I’m here to make amends…of a sort. Below is a listing of all the awards bestowed on me and links to the originators. They are all wonderful people, talented writers, and extremely entertaining bloggers in their own right. Seriously, if you haven’t already, you need to check them all out! But here’s the thing, each of these awards come with certain rules and procedures the recipient (that’s me) is supposed to follow through with upon acceptance. The thing is, *cringe* I’m gonna have to skip that part. If you’ve ever done a blog award post, then you know how much work they can be if done properly. I’m robbing valuable writing time as it is to keep on top of my blog reading and create what few post I’m able to, and I’m still slipping behind on all fronts. Trying to follow even a portion of award rules would be a major setback for me.

I hope that all of you can forgive me for my award faux pas, because I sincerely treasure each and every one of these honors. This move on my part probably guarantees I’ll never receive another one, but I guess that’s the price we have to pay for our craft.

Thank you all, again!

Creative Writer Award – Nicole Murray

Versatile Blogger Award – Nicole Murray, J.C. Martin, and Houston AW Knight

Bloom of an Idea Award – Nicole Murray

End of Days Award – LTM (Leigh)

Strangely Irresistible Award – LTM, Kristi Chestnutt, and Vicki Rocho

Wise Writer Award – Shannon O’ Donnell

Happy 101 Award – Jules

One Lovely Blog Award – Mara Nash

Cherry On Top Award – Kelly Dexter

Fair Dinkum Award – Piedmont Writer (Anne)

Christmas Blog Award – Michael Di Gesu



PS. Don’t forget about the Significant Other Blogfest on January 21st.

26 comments

  1. Thanks for all the links, Don. I know most of them, but the ones I don't I'll take a gander at.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, if you've been a bad blogger with the awards, what does that make me??? I think I lost track a while back (double slap on the wrist to me).

    Thanks for the linkage...will check them out!

    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, congrats on the stash and I hope you slapped your non-writing wrist! :)

    Happy Weekend!
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a bad blogger, too. I'm not even sure which awards I've passed on and which still need to be given out. You've inspired me - I think I'll try to figure it out and then do a post to acknowledge those who gave them to me because they really are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the worst at this, too. *sigh*

    I'm where blog awards go to die.

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have won a lot of awards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i can't believe you saved them all! I saved a bunch for one giant post as well, and then i accidentally deleted them and that was it for me. I stopped trying after that.
    I'm probably a grade A jerk, but i didn't even remember who to apologize to... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think everyone is bad at blog awards ... LOL. I usually just collect a whole bunch and then do something similar to what you did here. I don't know how people have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been guilty of blog award TheBuckStoppedHereITIS sickness, too. And at this point, I don't remember the awards graciously bestowed upon me. That makes me a worse blogger than you. At least you've offered link love to those who passed awards to you!

    Hope all's well. We're supposed to get snow again down here in Hotlanta. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a couple I need to send out myself. I'm going to try to do that next week, if nothing goes crazy around here.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the links! And congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the awards! Thanks for the links!! I know most of them but some are new. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't keep up with the awards or follow the rules! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sadly I stopped keeping track long ago (which is probably why I haven't gotten one in about 6 months!! :)

    Congrats on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! That was flippin ages ago, DL... Geaux Tigers~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS on all your awards! I'll have to stop by when I have more time to check out all the links.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a bad blogger too!! Your title make me laugh... I don't do blog awards anymore (for shame!!!) lol. Thanks for coming over to my blog, your comment made me smile! ºoº

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your awards! Thanks for pointing these blogs out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What no pictures? I think that requires another slap on the (ahem) wrist....


    Congratulations on all the awards, Don.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If it makes you feel any better, I once lost awards, who sent them, and the rules-because of computer difficulties. And, I almost never follow the rules.....

    Congrats, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Look at all those awards. You have been stockpiling, haven't you? Congrats, they're all well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woo hoo! Look at you with all your awards!

    Happy new year, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on all the awards, guy! Don't feel bad. you're way better than I. I accidentally deleted a bunch of the awards I'd earned from my sidebar, and I felt so bad because I couldn't remember what they had been or who they came from, so I ended up deleting them all from the sidebar. And while I love them and graciously accept them on the giver's blog, I often neglect to acknowledge them on my own blog...

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator