Newsletter Signup

.

D is for Deja Vu Blogfest

For three out of the past four years I’ve hosted a rather unique Blogfest.  I first started it to help me readjust to blogging after the turmoil of WRiTE CLUB, but now it exists on its own merits.
Want to know one of my pet peeves about the way our blogosphere operates?  You can miss some really awesome posts if you need to be away for a while and unable to keep up with your favorite blogs.  While WRiTE CLUB goes on I probably miss out on hundreds of quality posts.  And anybody who participates in the A to Z Challenge will certainly miss some truly outstanding posts because of the impossibility of trying to keep up while writing a post a day.  It’s really hard to rebound when things get like that, so what most of us do is simply pick up with everybody’s latest post.  You know what that means?  A post about the signing of an agent…missed!  A book contract finalized…missed!  A cry for help..missed!  A birth announcement…missed!  Some other special event in a bloggers life…gone!  I just shake my head when I think of all of the special posts I’ve missed this year.  And then there are the informative posts about the topics I’m dying to know more about, yep I probably missed some of those as well.

That’s what the Déjà vu Blogfest is for.

 



This year, on December 18th, anyone who decides to take part in the blogfest will re-post their favorite blog offering from earlier in the year, or one that you believe failed to receive the exposure it deserved. On December 18th as the day unfolds and everyone hops from one blog to another, what they will be reading is the best of the best (as determined by you) from this 2015.  The blogosphere will be chock full 2015 writing brilliance on that day!  Encouragement, enlightenment, knowledge, bared souls, stimulation, hilarity, insecurities, success stories!  All on display.  And it couldn't be any easier to take part...no writing necessary!

I’ll be back later in the year with a proper announcement and a linky tool to sign up, but for now just write December 18th on your calendar. :)

13 comments

  1. This is one of my favorite blog fests :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one of your stellar ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate missing posts.
    That blogfest is fun for reading posts that were either missed or maybe early in a blogger's career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great blogfest celebration. I'll have to make up a special page for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took part in this fest for the first time last year. It was fun and I had a few posts I struggled to choose from. I'm sure I'll be able to find another this year and join again.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't particpate in this blogfest because I had a post scheudled for that day, but its a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! This week has been one of those weeks for me - super busy at work and home, which means so much is falling through the cracks (I can hardly even keep up with my own blog, let alone everyone else's!). I am sure I am missing amazing posts from other people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's an excellent idea! Thank you for sharing. Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Don .. it's a great idea to remember posts that might have helped us or kept us up to date if we missed things ... it's great that Dec 18th is the key date ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by thanks for Dani @ Entertaining Interests. That sounds like a cool blogfest!

    ReplyDelete

 

Archives

Blog Blitz

Design by: The Blog Decorator